12-19volt monitor with speakers.

sparkplug

Landlord
Mod Squad
Solutions
Reaction score
second from the left, third from the right
I'm looking for a screen to use in the new van.

The van will not have mains power, so everything needs to work on 12v (although a step up to 19v isn't a problem)

I've got an old Apple TV I plan to use to watch Netflix and YouTube with. Fairly easy to convert that to 12v.

Looking for something fairly lightweight and fairly thin - probably around 24"

Ideally it should have built in speakers as I don't really want to faff about with external ones as they add complexity to the install and take up valuable space.

It should have a VESA mount so that I can stick it on an articulated arm.

I've searched and searched and just can't find anything that isn't completely rubbish or ridiculously expensive.

I guess an alternative would be a "motorhome TV" BUT I most definitely don't want a smart TV of any sort.

I even considered an "all in one" PC but you then get into having to have a keyboard and all that faff - although you'd get the benefit of it being a full blown computer, however if I want that I'll probably stick a Raspberry Pi in.

Any suggestions?

We've got some Cello 22" or 24" TVs for patients at work and they run off a 12v 3a power brick but don't think they draw anything like that.
They have Vesa mount points as we have them hanging off the ceiling.

I can double check the model tomorrow.

They have been reliable, we have been swapping them out for the old TVs over the last 3-4 years and none have failed yet. Think we've got about 15 in use now.

Cheers

Mark.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk

In case you do decide to go down the TV route..

We use a smart Cello Traveller HD TV in the van but I’m sure that they will do other non smart models.

Runs well off of a 12 ciggy socket, weighs about the same as a medium paperback book.
Made in the UK
Speakers, like most flat screens, are ok ish.
Excellent picture too

And cheap as chips compared to other TVs

Looks like they're 'dumb' which is perfect for me.

Not fussed about the built in DVD player, but equally it doesn't bother me.

I'm guessing that without an external antenna the Freeview stuff isn't really going to work in a van, but that's OK too.

Best option so far and I can live with "ok ish" sound. - it's only for the van on a cold wet rainy day really.

Sorry for the delay. As it happens I just had another TV delivered today. Couldn't read the details of the installed TV's as the Vesa plate covered the label.
Model we use is C2220FS V2

683341da071c3afd02f531f246c502f8.jpg
0f5fa40d50d33608b124b81323e2d661.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom