1250 Hella Socket.

batman1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the fuse value of the standard fitment Hella socket that is mounted on the left hand side of a 1250 located behind my left leg.
I’m asking the question as I’m hoping it will drive a pair of Gerbing heated gloves and a Gerbing heated vest simultaneously?
Bike is a 2022 1250 GS Triple Black.
Cheers.

So will it drive a gerbing waistcoat and a pair of heated gloves?
Or
If it’s controlled by the canbus what happen if it can’t handle the amperage, does it just shut off supply to the accessories temporarily?

You would be better to run a power feed direct from the battery. The can-bus circuit will only allow around 5 amps. Your gloves will be 2 or 3 and the waistcoat more, so you'll exceed that through the accessory socket. It'll throw an error up and shut down.

On my previous and current BMW bikes I have fitted a fused accessory DIN socket directly from the battery.

It means I can choose to run heated clothing, an "Airman" mini compressor and also connect my CTEK battery tender directly without any dramas.

The heated kit you want to run will almost certainly overload the socket on your bike and cause it to shut down.

Thanks Guys,
I figured so, on my out going 1250 Rallye I hard wired the cables direct to the battery but my new 1250 Triple Black has a hella socket fitted in the right place so I thought it might same me another job and keep things tidy.
I’ll go direct to the battery👍

Thanks Guys,
I figured so, on my out going 1250 Rallye I hard wired the cables direct to the battery but my new 1250 Triple Black has a hella socket fitted in the right place so I thought it might same me another job and keep things tidy.
I’ll go direct to the battery👍
There's nothing stopping you from wiring the/a hella socket direct to the battery. Wunderlich supply a hella relocation kit.

I have a similar setup on the other side for my Ctek charger socket.

IMG_0060.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom