2023 NEW HIMALAYAN

Ah well, nothing ventured.. Went to look at this today, 3 months old, 350 miles, RE panniers/Engine guard/Hand guards, 1st service done. I am collecting it later this week!
Congrats on the new bike, not sure where you are going to squeeze it in!!!
Enjoy and ride safe

Great bike I’ve owned my euro 5 for two years,brilliant bike ,cheap and cheerful,I liken it to a chocolate labrador, not very intelligent but very eager to please 🤣🤣. I did a 400 mile camping weekend to Anglesey year before last, luggage ,tent,sleeping bag etc, averaged 96 mpg. I did the Taffy Dakar weekend last year, Roman Road, Sarn Helen etc , didn’t miss a beat.

Very little to know really. It is a marvellously simple bike.

The usual ‘improvements’ are:

Free breathing air filter.

Better spark plug.

Replace the starter / ignition relay. I replaced all of them, as decent Bosch ones are not a whole bucket of cash.

Sintered brake pads.

Adjustable side stand.

Chain oiler.

Some bods go on with big bore kits / cam / exhaust etc but the bike is 25 bhp, so really what monster power is anyone going release? If you want a more powerful bike…. Go buy one. Maybe an exhaust but really that is more to shed weight than add power.

Luggage will always be a personal taste thing.

No doubt there are screens, seats, lights and all sorts of other bits and pieces available.

Mine seems to lose (ie. it just stops working) its front brake light switch for some reason I cannot work out.
I solved the brake light issue by cutting away a little of the rubber bellow on the activating pin on the switch and coating with some silicon grease.

"Even consider riding the Scram side-by-side. Different bikes, ergonomically, but the same engine and power…. Very different to ride though."

I've had a go on a mate's Scram. Just out of interest, how is the Himalayan different to ride compared to the Scram? I liked the seat on the Scram. Bars felt a bit narrow.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

I've had a go on a mate's Scram. Just out of interest, how is the Himalayan different to ride compared to the Scram? I liked the seat on the Scram. Bars felt a bit narrow.

Easy.

I took each bike out for a full day each, riding both bikes on the same roads, being a mixture of motorway M11, main roads A12, and back B roads all the way from east London to the border of Norfolk and back. The Scram I just wanted to be Spinal Tap and screw the throttle to 11 on the dial and leave it there. The Himalayan, with its very different riding position, I just felt like turning the throttle to say 7 out of 10 and cruise along. It really is a very relaxing bike to ride, if you don’t expect too much out of it.

Back
Top Bottom