ACF-50 application

My ACF 50 manual pump failed. I found a recommendation for a Flairosol hairdressers misting bottles and bought a couple. Added a little bit of brake cleaner to thin and a fine mist was produced. Only issue was that both bottles failed when I went back to use them.
Will go hardcore and try my compressor driven touch up gun.

I'm sad, I remove the wheels and pull the brake pads, I only do this at the beginning of winter, if I reapply it I don't go so extreme.

The key with ACF50 is the bike has to be spotless before applying it, I made a major mistake on my Bandit years ago and didn't clean the bike properly, ended up sealing in lots of salt, the bike looked crap when I gave it a good wash in the spring.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Never had any issues using ACF50, comes in a can, spray it on and job done. :nenau

its a very expensive hobby that way - the method I say will make a can go 10 times further and do a better job - an old tooth brush is pretty handy for some areas

as for getting it off brakes discs never found a solution - multiple attempts with a lot of elbow grease using thinners or brush cleaner doesn't even tickle the surface - just expect zero brakes for 6 months - if you aren't finding this staggering performance loss - I guess you don't actually use the brakes

Lots of good advice above. I use a Clarks paraffin missing spray - long nozzle, fine mist, under 20 quid - with a compressor.

But for once I agree with Botus. DO NOT GET ANY in the brake discs. Even a slight swipe from a rag. As he says, it takes forever to wear off.

Really not sure how you'd ever see any over spray? I wrap my wheels and discs first in kitchen towel, them I cover with foil, then plastic bags over the front wheel - I remove the rear wheel.

It's bit of a job, but well worth it. In the spring, the clean up reveals am almost new bike!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I use a gravity feed spray gun. I can adjust the mist until its a fine fog and it does an excellent job. I remove both wheels - ACF 50 is not conducive to short stopping distances.

Back
Top Bottom