Another wobble around the lanes on Sat 2nd (3rd)

Eastmidsbiker

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I might be having another morning out in Derbyshire at the weekend, mixture of lanes and connecting roads. 50/50 tyres at least needed.

Let me know if interested !

Sorry, the 3rd ! (Sat Feb 3rd)
If I wasn’t…

1. Fair weather (where possible) rider
  2. Had an appropriately lightweight bike
  3. A full set of suitable gear to wear
  4. Lived closer, rather than best part of two hours away
  5. Loved getting cold and quite likely wet too.
Then I’d join you! :D
But unfortunately it a nay from me.
Have a great time though.

If I wasn’t…

1. Fair weather (where possible) rider
  2. Had an appropriately lightweight bike
  3. A full set of suitable gear to wear
  4. Lived closer, rather than best part of two hours away
  5. Loved getting cold and quite likely wet too.
Then I’d join you! :D
But unfortunately it a nay from me.
Have a great time though.
Fair enough, I feel I should respond to your points though, even knowing it won't change your mind :D

1. It was lovely weather last weekend, dry but a little crisp, expect it to be the same this weekend. One hill and you soon warm up..

FC90D5C8-2FEF-41E1-A756-F766566AF5D5.JPG

2. Lightweight bikes are nice, but I tend to target lanes that are manageable on slightly bigger bikes (ignore the above hill, that was an exception, but a real sense of accomplishment getting up it once I remembered to turn traction control fully off). I'll admit bigger bikes take a bit of practice picking up (fortunately I've had lots of practice).

Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 20.11.10.jpg
3. I wear a road suit, really doesnt matter as long as it has protection. Only additional purchase was some strong boots (Alpinestars Tech 7's). Goggles and peaked helmet just for that 'all the gear and no idea' look.

IMG_2834.jpg
4. Another bonus of bigger bikes is you can travel comfortably to get somewhere and enjoy the comforts of heated grips/seat/cruise and then enjoy some lanes, then ride back. I've had some amazing days out oop Norf. It does make me worry slightly about wrecking the bike and having to get recovered, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 20.18.22.jpg
5. Lanes have a magic way of warming you up, and sealskin waterproof socks are amazing :)

I'm just trying to get into a rhythm to find some local lanes to have choices and variety, and have had a reasonable amount of training at one of the Wales Adventure Centres.

Back
Top Bottom