Anyone tried these?

:eek: Just realised the link don't work.

Anyone tryed these? :nenau
<TABLE cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=5 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=text3 rowSpan=2>
C6006.jpg
</TD><TD class=text3 style="TEXT-ALIGN: justify" width="100%">

Please note: We only supply the tyre without the inner tube. Any rim shown in the photo is only for show.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=text3 width="100%"># 50% ON - 50% OFF ROAD # COMBINE AGGRESSIVE KNOBS WITH A ROUNDED PROFILE FOR UNMATCHED ON-ROAD AND OFF-ROAD PERFORMANCE # SPECIAL COMPOUND FOR GREAT ROAD GRIP WITHOUT UNDUE WEAR # REINFORCED SIDEWALLS AND EXTRA BEAD STRENGTH # DOT APPROVED
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Our price <NOBR>only £ 45.60 </NOBR>
and shipping costs are included in the price

I've never tried Maxxis tyres, they might be worth a go. Isn't Maxxis the 'off-road' name for Cheng Shin or something like that?
I've been trying to get decent dual purpose tyres, the 17" rear being the one that causes grief (F650GS Dakar).
I've tried:
Trelleborg Army Specials (did Red Kite 2007 OK but wore quite quick on road but I was doing a lot of frequent heavy braking)
Metzeler Enduro 3 Sahara (better than I expected as long as it's dry - in the wet mud I spent a lot of time picking my bike up)
Dunlop D606 - my favourite so far but not certain if allowed in UK (I was in US at the time). Good grip and seemed to last well on road.
Metzeler Tourance - best tyre I've tried for on road but would not go anywhere near wet grass with them!

My plan was if I can't use D606s then I shall either sell the bike, change the wheel size to 18", Trelleborg Army Specials or Michelin Deserts but those M-6006 might be worth a go.

BTW: http://www.trelleborgtyres.co.uk/product_details_32.htm

I've never tried Maxxis tyres, they might be worth a go. Isn't Maxxis the 'off-road' name for Cheng Shin or something like that?
I've been trying to get decent dual purpose tyres, the 17" rear being the one that causes grief (F650GS Dakar).
I've tried:
Trelleborg Army Specials (did Red Kite 2007 OK but wore quite quick on road but I was doing a lot of frequent heavy braking)
Metzeler Enduro 3 Sahara (better than I expected as long as it's dry - in the wet mud I spent a lot of time picking my bike up)
Dunlop D606 - my favourite so far but not certain if allowed in UK (I was in US at the time). Good grip and seemed to last well on road.
Metzeler Tourance - best tyre I've tried for on road but would not go anywhere near wet grass with them!

My plan was if I can't use D606s then I shall either sell the bike, change the wheel size to 18", Trelleborg Army Specials or Michelin Deserts but those M-6006 might be worth a go.

BTW: http://www.trelleborgtyres.co.uk/product_details_32.htm

Thanks for the link, I'll have a look see when I've written this.

Have you tired Continental TKC 80's? They work well wet or dry on stoney/gravely surfaces. Two days in the rain on the BW off road course confirmed this, and I don't do off roading in the wet by choice.

Ask in the off road section 'I'm going to post this question there too' I'm sure you'd be able to get the rim changed to an 18", And I know it possible to get 18" and 12" conversions for the big twin GS's.

Val.

Back
Top Bottom