Anyone with 21MY GS/ GSA check their headlight for me?

Fluffmeister

I think I'm a Guzzista now
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Was just fitting my Soundbomb to my new 21 MY GSA with the new adaptive headlight etc. Spotted this on the back of the headlight, looks to me like something is missing or has broken off

It’s the back of the headlight just below the TFT bracket.

If that’s normal and the finish from the factory, someone needs a kicking

Anyone who has the new model year, could you have a quick look, maybe post a pic of the back of you headlight, right side as per attached. Thanks I’m advance.

1fd77d197cda95751cdad48695f0636a.jpg

5dcf45e6b7f2e92a93a8c2ddea47da57.jpg

8f9934d4e5759191e410e24203f3a9c8.jpg

7b390ef3bcb377737e7edaf5b5fef27f.jpg

Looks like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks a bit odd doesn’t it? Part finished or something is missing?

Possibly something to attach later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks to me like an injection mark. Where they push the plastic into the mould tool when they make it and the break off the sprue.
I'd say all okay.... :)

Tha Ja chaps, just seemed a bit weird as it looked a bit unfinished.

Looks to me like an injection mark. Where they push the plastic into the mould tool when they make it and the break off the sprue.
I'd say all okay.... :)

Yes, Injection gate, quite common -

Depending on the complexity of the mould tool there may be more than one on the part

Yes, Injection gate, quite common -

Depending on the complexity of the mould tool there may be more than one on the part

Don't see many cold sprue tools these days, but perhaps with a simple low volume part like this it's the most cost effective..

Don't see many cold sprue tools these days, but perhaps with a simple low volume part like this it's the most cost effective..

We used the same method on all the mould tools Ive worked with, high or low volume.

It may be its the nearest gate to the injector, i'd hazard a guess due to it's complexity inside its a 2 or 4 cavity tool, multi gated with quite possibly one or more up and away sections

I doubt it's low volume ;) you need 3x your projected volume

Back
Top Bottom