Bike Jacket - Brilliant Service From the USA

HR0

Reaction score
I want to let other Tossers know of a US company that has provided brilliant service in supplying a “bright and high quality bike Jacket”

https://www.motoliberty.com/prod_detail.asp?Prod_ID=257

I know that this Neon Yellow isn’t to everyone’s taste but having used the HG Daylite jacket for years I am a fan.

This jacket is waterproof on outer cordura
Has waterproof Ventilation Zips
Double fold over flap on main zip with double poppers to keep weather out
And a waterproof / warm liner that is designed to be used as a separate jacket ideal when space is limited on tour and you need that non biker look in the evening
All CE armour see the link

(they have lots of other stuff)

The best bit is the fantastic service you get from Audrey in the Moto Liberty sales dept.

I have no link with the company other than being a customer who has received excellent customer service and delivery times etc

H

Thanks H

I am a fan of the HG Day Light too. They look really similar but the venting system is a real bonus on this one. I have even used mine for skiing and its __ brilliant and very versatile. I'll be investigating a replacement in about a year and this will be on the list.

Does this have a storm cuff collar?

How much reflective is there on this compared to the HG?

How did you get one in the uk and is there a shipping cost?

Steve

Hi Steve

The collar stands up a bit and has a soft neoprene section for under the chin.
but doesn't have the removable chin snood like the daylite has and the big bum pocket isn't removable.

There is not as much 3M reflective tape as the HG Daylite but has enough for me with some panels that look black but has the speckled reflective dots.

The Armour is better in that the back protector is CE which mine wasn’t in the HG Daylite (just a foam panel)

Email Audrey on staff@motoliberty.com
She is the most helpful person ever.
Sent my measurements etc and she recommended size which was right.
She even packaged it as a gift and other stuff…… so less VAT payable
A quick phone call at about 6pm to give card details and it was all sorted

In all it was about £200 delivered Airmail inc vat (you have to pay parcel force the VAT to get the package).

Haven’t had to use it in anger or in heavy rain yet but with 2 layers or waterproofness I am sure will be ok.
there are flaps around the vent zips that fold back on themselves with velcro and press studs and act like air scoops and tab adjusters on the chest vents that hold them open.
The way the inner jacket/liner is designed to be used as a casual jacket is great.

Oh yeah a big thing for me was the cuffs and how the gloves fit. I wear gloves over and they fit great. There is enough adjustment to wear gloves under too I would think.

H

I have the HG Daylite too.

Brilliant jacket but they soon look filthy and they don't clean up very well either.

Might try this next time....

Back
Top Bottom