Bike transportation from UK to Balkans

agent2494

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone interested in bike transportation from the UK to the EU?
It will be 4 bikes at a time in a shipping container that will be just for your bikes and kit.
Pickup and load at one point with unloading at your destination.

At this time your looking at £380 per bike from UK to Bulgaria, note this is a fully licensed transporter company and all paperwork done for you, you even track your bike live where it is at any time.
Pickup and drop off normally 2-5 days but this can change with the holiday seasons.

Let me know if you’re interested

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Perhaps it would help to know the drop off and pick up points 👍

Pickup from one point in the Uk ( your choice say Birmingham ) and drop off at one point in the EU (your choice say Bucharest) bikes will be put in special bike crates.

Pickup from one point in the Uk ( your choice say Birmingham ) and drop off at one point in the EU (your choice say Bucharest) bikes will be put in special bike crates.

(y)

Sounds fair to me. If time is short due to family commitments you can catch a flight out, spend a few days seeing things you thought you’d never get time off to do then fly home after taking 5 working days off.

Return flights from Manchester to Bucharest start at about £150 in June so for under a grand you can get a week somewhere that’d take you 3 days each way if you don’t hang around.

Pre Brexshit I used BBS a few times ( Bulgaria Bike Shipping ), either one way or a return ( in a previous life when I had to work and travel time was limited ), and even then, a one way transportation was around 750 Euro !
Given that logistics have been made more complex, and that fuel and maintenance costs have significantly increased, I would have expected a service like this to have been considerably more expensive ?

I am in contact with a woman who runs a haulage company both to/from Bulgaria, out of UK, she hasn't given a quote yet but however , she did say that the cost of a previous one way transport ( 750 Euro ) was very favourable !

I take it that this service requires that you and 3 friends have to book the container, either that or you have to blend in with others who are doing a similar trip ?

For me it's all about flexibility but I fully understand that this has to be structured.

Can you provide more information, say perhaps dates and or any schedules ?

Also, if four bikes to Bulgaria would cost £380 each...I take it that one bike going one way would be £1520 ?

Thank you for providing this service, absolutely more complicated and expensive after leaving the EU, but there is still a requirement nonetheless :beerjug:

1707 mls,Birmingham too Bucharest in 2 days,,fast truck,which would need too be double manned..£1520..boat/train,£££
If there in a special crate
how does one get it into the container, a fork lift truck would be needed..
And the same at the customers chosen destination...which could be even a village..

Meeting the bike somewhere could be a problem,as it could arrive anytime after day 2...airplanes don't cater....for hang on a minute I can't go yet as my bikes not arrived yet...
Or even catering for a hotel somewhere...at your chosen destination..

Your transportation company must cater for the bikes at there hubs... collection/delivery....

A lot more info is definitely needed....

Back
Top Bottom