Blue Tooth and In Ear Monitors

doctorsmudge

Reaction score
Hi all, I've got an autocom on my GSA and very happy with it too. However, I've just got myself a winter hack and I'm thinking about a blue tooth intercom system for the spare lids for myself and SHMBO.
The thing is I've never used this type of system and know nothing about them. Can a system be bought off the shelf that will take a 3.5mm jack plugs so we can use our in ear monitors, rather than helmet speakers which can be barely heard.
If so which one and what sort of cost are we looking at for two headsets?
thanks in advance

Sena SMH-10

I have these in all my helmets. You have buy the plate to fit the 3.5mm plug but this was the biggest selling point for me. They are REALLY good. Mine is connected to phone & GPS. You can link up to 4 of them and they're pretty good bike to bike too.

SMH-10r

There is also the SMH-10r. Lower profile then the SMH10. Only prolem is they dont sell the adapter for earbuds in europe however I ordered 2 from the US and cist incl posage was 20 dollars so about 13 quid. Much cheaper then the 45 quid for each of the adaptor plates for th SMH10 which woukd cost another 90 quid in total

Got my adapters here

http://www.theaccessoryking.com/sen...0305/35-mm-earbud-adapter-for-the-smh10r.html

Michael

There is also the SMH-10r. Lower profile then the SMH10. Only prolem is they dont sell the adapter for earbuds in europe however I ordered 2 from the US and cist incl posage was 20 dollars so about 13 quid. Much cheaper then the 45 quid for each of the adaptor plates for th SMH10 which woukd cost another 90 quid in total

Got my adapters here

http://www.theaccessoryking.com/sen...0305/35-mm-earbud-adapter-for-the-smh10r.html

Michael
They do selll it now, at least they do in Germany. I have just bought one (6 Euro plus tax plus delivery). Works very well. Easy to fit. I use it to connect my Sony earbuds to my SMH10R. Can highly recommend the combination

Excellant news

Cheers for that Paul glad to hear they saw sense and started to sell them in Europe. As you say a great combination.

Mind the supply of the SMH10 units to the uk is not great at the moment. I ordered mine online from FC MOTO. Arrived in a couple of days.

However the ones from Paul08's link are cheaper and also they have the dual kits as well.

From using daily they are a great bit of kit with a low profile on the helmet hence no discernable wind noise generated from it being mounted. Can control music from your nav through it as well which is a bonus and also if you want you can turn the volume off if talking to someone else.

cheers

As ever gentlemen you haven't let me down. Good info, many thanks for the time and effort. A bit pricey but not really much option. :clap

And I should add that I bought the dual SMH10R kit. It was easy to fit and I thought that the speakers supplied with the kit were v good quality and I had no trouble listening to music at 130kph plus. But I prefer in-ear monitors, so got the adaptor.

The kit comes with 2 types of microphone: a wired mike for a normal full face helmets and a boom mike for flip fronts. Again, I was ipressed with the quality of all of the kit

The 10R is very slimline and does not look like a carbincle on the side of the helmet.

imports

Thanks again, I've been looking online and the price in the UK is about £340. Thats without the adaptors. I can get them a lot cheaper from the US or Australia. I take it they would be hit with taxes from Custom and Excise if i went that route.
However, if I got them from another EU country there isnt any. Has anyone seen a Euro site with these Sena SMH10R systems at a decent price?

Thanks again, I've been looking online and the price in the UK is about £340. Thats without the adaptors. I can get them a lot cheaper from the US or Australia. I take it they would be hit with taxes from Custom and Excise if i went that route.
However, if I got them from another EU country there isnt any. Has anyone seen a Euro site with these Sena SMH10R systems at a decent price?
See post number 5 above. That is where I got mine. Or FC Moto (who are in Aachen in Gerany but deliver to UK too)

What he said

The company Paul08 got his from is cheaper then mine were and they do twin sets. They also have the adaptor which fc moto don't list.

You are correct no import tax if purchased from within EU.

Check out Sena SMH10 prices on Ebay, postage foc.

Back
Top Bottom