BMW R1250 GS headlight question.

Martylaa

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, I’ve just bought a 21 plate BMW R1250 GS TE, does that model and year come with a halogen or led headlight as I’ve yet to collect it.

If it is halogen and I wanted to change to led, then is it a simple thing to do like just ensuring I buy and change the led bulb?

Will it be the `adaptive` LED headlight, though?

Hi, I’ve just bought a 21 plate BMW R1250 GS TE, does that model and year come with a halogen or led headlight as I’ve yet to collect it.

If it is halogen and I wanted to change to led, then is it a simple thing to do like just ensuring I buy and change the led bulb?
You can clearly tell if its led in a picture of the front of the bike.
I would think it would be led on that age of bike, but its not just a case of a bulb swap, its a full headlight unit and I'm sure its the left hand switch cluster as well (and no doubt some software to run it).

I'll email the dealer and ask for them to confirm it, hopefully its the LED version.

I'll email the dealer and ask for them to confirm it, hopefully its the LED version.
They should provide you with the VIN build list. That will tell you everything that's on the bike. Ask specifically for it.

Back
Top Bottom