border crossing Greece/Macedonia

pantscorcher

Has anyone ever tried to cross these borders? If so whats the red tape like if any? I also need info on crossing from Macedonia into Serbia/Montenegro and from there into Croatia I'm looking at crossing near to Dubrovnik. I believe a Euro Green card insurance policy covers these countries but are there any other special requirements I should be aware of?

A culture cannot evolve if it remains exclusive.

As far as I know Makedonia IS in Greece mate! You don't need to cross any borders :)

Do you mean FYROM? Or better, Skopja?

No probs... 2005 bought insurance at the border ( Niki/Nikh) for 60 Euros and through no probs. and onto Skopje. Had a 'race' with a police bike, helmet strapped on the back, pulled up, handshakes and smiles!

www.adventure.gs

topap said:
As far as I know Makedonia IS in Greece mate! You don't need to cross any borders :)

Do you mean FYROM? Or better, Skopja?
Yes I do mean FYROM but refering to it as that sounds daft!

Micky said:
No probs... 2005 bought insurance at the border ( Niki/Nikh) for 60 Euros and through no probs. and onto Skopje. Had a 'race' with a police bike, helmet strapped on the back, pulled up, handshakes and smiles!

www.adventure.gs
Nice 1 mate you say you had to buy insurance at the border but according to my policy doc (Norwich Union Prem Bike) FYROM is covered. I have friends working in Kosovo who regularly make the trip down to Greece for a spot of R n R and they say they never get asked for insurance etc. Do you have any int on the crossing into Serbia/Montenegro and into Croatia Via Dubrovnik? If this turns out to a drama I can always get a ferry from Italy to Croatia but it may prove expensive.

Crossed the former Yugoslavia /macedonia border three times..no worries at all then..and i'm sure now.

Ben

I too have crossed that border a few times but then I was armed and backed up by heavy armour, fast jets and helicopters this time the only protection I have is my Aria, Hein Gerricke Jacket and trousers and a bag of Jonnies! I have german plates on the bike and it would appear that our German cousins don't get half as much crap as we do at borders. Just hope they don't try to address me in Deutch cause they're sure to smell a rat when i reply with utter crap.

pantscorcher said:
Nice 1 mate you say you had to buy insurance at the border but according to my policy doc (Norwich Union Prem Bike) FYROM is covered. I have friends working in Kosovo who regularly make the trip down to Greece for a spot of R n R and they say they never get asked for insurance etc. Do you have any int on the crossing into Serbia/Montenegro and into Croatia Via Dubrovnik? If this turns out to a drama I can always get a ferry from Italy to Croatia but it may prove expensive.

The border officials wanted a green card but we didn't have one, so bought the insurance, as said, from Greece into Macedonia. Kosovo the people much more friendly. Then into Montenegro and had nothing to pay. Croatia and Bosnia... we were waved straight through the borders, then through Slovenija. Hope this helps :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom