Braided hose on single disc R80GS

This is all very well, but, if you REALLY want to stop then a 4 pot caliper, a K disc and an upgraded reservoir (joined up with braided lines) works. I jusitified the cost against all that replacement underwear.

You guys rock! (Pardon the Americanism but the advice in this airhead forum is second to none)

Ta very much.

Mike

I find its better to bolt the calliper to the bike. I got mine complete from Grant Johnson (Horizons Unlimited) who was moving on to a 2 disc system. The calliper is a US product (I will check which is anyone is interested) and it has a mounting bracket to put it in the right place. It stops so well that I made it go faster with a Siebenrock conversion from Motorworks. Great fun but apart from the brakes the other best mod was a WP shock on the back. WoW. So it goes, stops and floats in the middle. And it sits alongside my 1150. I'm gloating now:duck:

Paragon said:
make em or buy em

This is the classy one - isn't it a beauty to behold

There is a "cheap and cheerful" one

it is indeed a thing of beauty. somewhat better than the bit of gash ally plate i was dreading ;)

how much?

re: other option

those brembo calipers are available up the road (motomecca, guzzi place) at about £120, new. trouble is there are several different models that all look the same but with differing mounts etc.

as you have the same ineffective twin piston P9 brembo on the front of your mono as on my para, i am interested to know how it knows what sort of rear end is fitted & is able to adjust braking power accordingly. does it have a different disc/master cylinder?

"The front is straight in - no master"

you've lost me there.

when i said
" i am interested to know how it knows what sort of rear end is fitted" i was talking about mono/para swing arm refering to your statement:

"But I don't need one as i don't have a paralever!!!!!" in other words, why is the brake on a mono better than the paralever?

aren't the 4-pots motorworks sell from a range of beemers, not just K series? mine looks just like that fitted to pre evo 1150 GS. no plate needed.

Back
Top Bottom