Can it be done?

wully

Reaction score
I would like a GPS that I can use on the bike, the car,push bike and the boat-
preferably with bluetooth- I've looked at PDA's and discounted them.

So far the choice seems to be a Garmin GPSmap 278 which comes closest to what I think I want (but without the bluetooth):rolleyes:

Has anyone used one of these?

What would be nice is if the Zumo 550 could take the marine charts and OS maps..... Or I could afford three GPS sets:nono

What would be nice is if the Zumo 550 could take the marine charts and OS maps.....
According to the Garmin web site (look for compatibility on the various mapping pages) it can. If my Quest can do all three I don't see why the Zumo can't.

From what I read it'll maybe do OS but not blue charts which are the Garmin marine ones?

According to the Garmin web site (look for compatibility on the various mapping pages) it can. If my Quest can do all three I don't see why the Zumo can't.

have you considered the Garmin GPSMAP 60C series,

it'll run all the maps you want, is rugged and waterproof runs on AA batterys, so you will never be stuck as they are available anywhere,

it will do street routing albeit without voice guidance and no bluetooth.

Thanks for the replies- I might take a look at the Magelan but the AA batteries are a bit off -putting. ( fussy git me..)

The Zumo would be fine if they hadn't switched off the depth function- the most important one... I hate it when companies do this, just to force you to buy more stuff.I guess I'll have to wait until they sort out the Quest 2.

Come on Kev you should know all this being the GPS mod and guru

Help the guy out:rob

The Road Angel 7000 NP is almost exactly what I need- only the bluetooth doesn't talk- only receives.
How stupid is that?

.....Half a job.:spitfire

The Road Angel 7000 NP is almost exactly what I need- only the bluetooth doesn't talk- only receives.
How stupid is that?

.....Half a job.:spitfire

I think I have the solution:bounce1

Get the Road Angel 7000 and the 12 volt car charger/speaker thing. Butcher the charger and connect the audio supply to a bluetooth sender like a Jabbra? Then it'll run off the bikes 12 volts while talking to me.

Think it'll work?

Get the Road Angel 7000 and the 12 volt car charger/speaker thing. Butcher the charger and connect the audio supply to a bluetooth sender like a Jabbra? Then it'll run off the bikes 12 volts while talking to me.

Think it'll work?

Find a way to mount it on the bike first as RA now stop giving my name as having a wee magic wand to sort it out for them or search these forum to reveal more clues.. :confused:

Think it'll work?

Wully

Unsure why you have discounted PDA's?

I use an HTC Trinity P3600 with OS mapping from Memory Map (who also do Marine Charts) and Tom Tom Navigator v6 for route planning. It is a fully functioning phone has GPS and bluetooth but I have it wired to an autocom unit. I can listen to music via Media Player, get camera warnings and routing across Europe from Tom Tom and talk on the phone if I really need to. If I'm off road I can use OS Mapping to ensure I'm on the right byway etc. I did think about the RA but the Trinity does everything it does and much more.

It is housed inside an otterbox 1900 for weathproofing which is fitted to the bike via a RAM mount.

Regards

Peter

Back
Top Bottom