CAUTION: Insuring Under 'Classic Bikes' Category Results In ZERO Accrual of 'No Claims Discount.'

Kitsilano

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
BikeSure sent me a renewal quotation for £598 (fully comp) for a Honda ADV350.

I questioned them regarding their deletion of No Claims Discount.

It seems that whilst previous bike was insured under the 'Classic Bike' Category, this nullified my NCD and even going down to a 350cc (330 net) category, resulted in the premium rate.

BeMoto came in at a relatively respectable rort of £417.

Living within the M25 is an expensive proposition, even with Datatool tracker.

I’d be asking BikeSure why, last year, they flogged you a Classic Bike policy for what is, I believe, a modern scooter thing. Or did you have a Classic Bike policy already, onto which the 350 was bolted alongside some other bike?

Yup, it’s not uncommon that ‘Classic vehicle’ insurances have no NCB benefits.

Living within the M25 is an expensive proposition, even with Datatool tracker.

Yup, scooter thefts are going through the roof. But hey, your takeaways are being delivered, so it ain’t all bad.

True that you get no NCB on classic policies. I nearly got caught out on that a few years back. I've currently got a couple of classic bikes and a couple of modern ones insured with two separate policies, In the past I've allowed the modern policy to lapse for up to 18 months & have always been able to use any previously built up NCB on renewal. I'm told this is the case as long the renewal is within 1/2 years (depending on insurer) of previous policy lapsing. Bennet's is 2 years. After that you may well lose your hard earned NCB

Back
Top Bottom