City Navigator Europe NTU 2014 Update

Yep, I have a MacBook Pro (OS 10.9) and the latest Garmin Express. First pass put UK & Ireland onto my Nuvi 3490 and the 'full Europe" onto my computer for Basecamp. Then needed another pass to get the rest of Europe onto the Nuvi's SD card.

A Nav V to do next week, when i get it: my Nav IV is being replaced under warranty by BMW because of repeated problems with the Music/media Player. They are replaving the IV with a V.

As per what Wapping said, make sure you have the latest version of Garmin Express and the whole update experience is so much better (at least on a Mac)

CN 2014.4 installed on Nuvi 2595 and PC using latest version of Garmin Express. It works for me. If I want the maps on another computer using "Computer Only" in the advanced options has worked for the last couple of updates.

It's about time Garmin sorted out their software problems with so many users having so many problems with their updates whether they use a Mac or PC. Last time I emailed them regarding a Mac issue with Express they sent me PDF instructions on how to install to a PC !

Tried with MapUpdater and got a similar message. Went back to Express and when asked the following I unchecked the "Protect my computer and data from unauthorized program activity" check-box. It then installed the mapping to both Basecamp, Maspource and my Zumo 660 in less than 30 minutes without going on-line so I assume that it had stored the update install files from my earlier attempt with Express.

Express-Run-As-prompt.png

Save As dialogue before I unchecked box

This pertains to the install onto the computer, not the update to the sat nav.

So far it seems to be installing the same update to my Nuvi 765 without going on-line and downloading again, I have Lifetime mapping subscriptions for both Garmins.

I'll have to run it again and download to get the update onto my netbook though.

So, it appears that Garmin Express does work for PC users as well :clap

Must admit this time was the easiest install I have done in a couple of years going to both PC and zumo using express.

Back
Top Bottom