Editing a route created in the Next app.

Berin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before.

Situation;

Open the MRA app on the iPhone, search a destination, set the avoidances and a route is created which can then be navigated.

If that route isn’t exactly what I want, can I edit it by dragging or adding in waypoints? Can I open it in route lab to edit it?

Or is this just an a-b route, and if I want to do anything else I need to create the route in route lab?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think you have to use route lab to edit but if anyone knows better I’m all ears!

I think you have to use route lab to edit but if anyone knows better I’m all ears!

Me too. But I think it means you can start with a route auto created in the app, then think ‘that’s ok but I want to change it a bit’.

I think, but I’m happy to be corrected, that the app gives you just an a-b and if you want your own route you must use route lab.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thought so but thanks for confirming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to the MyRoute forum, they might be updating the app to allow it. But, there is no news as to when.

According to the MyRoute forum, they might be updating the app to allow it. But, there is no news as to when.
I’m surprised it was not an MRA feature from day one. It was the basis of everything navigation from the Garmin Quest through Mapsource, Basecamp and apps such as Pocket Earth. Although I have an MRA lifetime membership I don’t/won’t use it ‘til rubberbanding is incorporated

I’m surprised it was not an MRA feature from day one. It was the basis of everything navigation from the Garmin Quest through Mapsource, Basecamp and apps such as Pocket Earth. Although I have an MRA lifetime membership I don’t/won’t use it ‘til rubberbanding is incorporated

Rubber banding is available through the web based, MRA Routeplanner (website). Of course, Garmin’s route planning softwares allows rubber banding, but they are not web based and require a home computer.

Lack of this feature does make a bit of a mockery of the MRA “one app does everything” marketing though.

It’s a navigation app and a separate route planning website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I rarely if ever run the app, simply limiting myself to the web based application for its very user friendly iPad abilities.

Back
Top Bottom