Essaouira info anyone?

Posh Pete

Still got a pulse.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking first hand info re places to,stay etc. Thinking of hopping a cheap flight in January to Marrakech with the missus for some sunshine. I've been to Morocco on the scoots trip but not to the Atlantic coast. Any thoughts?

Stayed at The Mirador in 2013 got robbed for £25bb ( I am joking, it was excellent at the price )
Easyjet do cheap flight from Glasgow to Marrakech and you can get a coach to Essaouira.
We did a bike trip and that was part of it.
http://www.billyskipper.co.uk/bike/2013/index.html
I have used the buses in Morocco and they are OK, and very cheap.

I stayed here.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445619901.892298.jpg
In April this year. Cost £22 inc breakfast. Very clean. It's not far from the old city and very handy as a base I was there a couple of days and did a lot of off road.

Sent from Space

same as above its a nice place but it takes 3 hours or so on the coach as there is no direct flights i loved it there ,it can be very windy at times if you go wander over to the hendrix cafe where he hung out apparently

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445623421.254163.jpg

Beaches are nice. Took 20 mins to get to this one. Off road. 15 mins in I thought this beach is going to be empty. No ! It was packed.
I'm in the middle.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445623558.620987.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445623623.755258.jpg

Sent from Space

Hi , went there when we stayed in Marrakesh. Book the bus the day before at the bus station and ask for the express, bit more legroom and doesn't stop at brothers/uncles/sisters/cousins every 5 minutes to try and sell you something! As said can be a bit windy but a great place to wander about. Didn't say there so can't recommend places to stay, if we ever went back I would consider staying there and bussing to Marrakesh! Cheers, John B

Flying to Marrakech.....its like Thomas Cook furkin site.....get on the motto.....fab place to travel and so much to see...
Essaouira is an interesting place to chill for a couple of days with lots of cheap and good accomodation....you will be bombarded by "advisors" but if you go with the flow they can be very helpful...
Bit of advice..... if you lay on the beach watch out for Button Moon riding over ya..!!!!..

Back
Top Bottom