MRDDD

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Advice needed please. I’m putting a few accessories on my new 73 1250 rt
1 - innovv k3 front and rear cameras
2 - innovv blind spot third eye
3 - two leads for kies heated jackets
4 - possibly a Denali brake light
After asking the dealership they said I could take a switch live from the din plug on the right hand side next to the small compartment for the k3
I’ve also been told it don’t mess about with canbus unit because of warranty
I’ve also been told to fit a hex ex can this would cater for everything I’ve mentioned would this be the answer and how do I do this please

Surely you can power the Keis stuff from the 2 power sockets ?

Advice needed please. I’m putting a few accessories on my new 73 1250 rt
1 - innovv k3 front and rear cameras
2 - innovv blind spot third eye
3 - two leads for kies heated jackets
4 - possibly a Denali brake light
After asking the dealership they said I could take a switch live from the din plug on the right hand side next to the small compartment for the k3
I’ve also been told it don’t mess about with canbus unit because of warranty
I’ve also been told to fit a hex ex can this would cater for everything I’ve mentioned would this be the answer and how do I do this please
Have a look on YouTube, there's a few "how to" vids on there and I think hex have some installation videos on there of their own too. You basically just attach the unit to the battery (I used the red post behind the RH cover and the battery negative terminal to supply power to the hex) and unplug the TPMS unit under the pillion seat and the hex then goes between the TPMS unit and the plug you've just removed - it's all plug and play. Everything is easily reversable, you just unplug everything in reverse order to restore your bike to factory as there's no invasive work to do on your wiring harness etc. You then programme the hex via your laptop etc for each of the channels depending what you want them to do, then put your accessories on the bike then wire them in using the plugs provided. FWIW I didn't use hex for my heated vest, instead I have a fused flying lead with an Sae plug on it attached to the positive post and negative terminal as above that doubles as my optimate feed, feed for my heated vest and also for my airman pump. It's quite easy to do if you watch the vids and follow the instructions

you basically just attach the unit to the battery (I used the red post behind the RH cover and the battery negative terminal to supply power to the hex) and unplug the TPMS unit under the pillion seat and the hex then goes between the TPMS unit and the plug you've just removed - it's all plug and play
It is quite easy and the hexcam though expensive sorts everything out. Just be careful when you connect up the canbus link you need on the latest models is under the top-box carrier not the seat if you pick the wrong one then you get all sorts of error messages ( dont ask me how I know this)

It is quite easy and the hexcam though expensive sorts everything out. Just be careful when you connect up the canbus link you need on the latest models is under the top-box carrier not the seat if you pick the wrong one then you get all sorts of error messages ( dont ask me how I know this)
Hi thanks for your response so does it just plug in on the lead under the top box how do I connect the items into it thanks

Hi thanks for your response so does it just plug in on the lead under the top box how do I connect the items into it thanks
Have a look at this, even though it a GS thebpriciple's the same and it should answer all your questions. The hex comes with connectors with tails on them to connect to your accessories

Back
Top Bottom