insurance

Pauljw

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I seem to be having trouble getting insurance for my new GS1300 - is anyone els experiencing this and any advice on which tracker I should get fitted ( all insurance companies seem to insist on this ) ?
Thanks
Paul

I seem to be having trouble getting insurance for my new GS1300 - is anyone els experiencing this and any advice on which tracker I should get fitted ( all insurance companies seem to insist on this ) ?
Thanks
Paul
have you tried bmw,s own insurance

That's my next port of call .... i didn't see this coming i have never had a problem before !

I had the same issues - Bennetts and BeMoto eventually offered cover , both with Ageas.
Prices a bit more than current 1250Gs, but affordable.
The 1300GS is on their systems, but when the list price of £18k is exceeded, they have to refer to their underwriter. Trust this helps. 🤞

I can't say which
Thanks
Paul
I can't say which tracker to get, but don't get the datatool stealth one. I had one fitted FOC in 2018 at the factory and it was more trouble than it was worth

OK thanks all for your replies I'll make some calls - certainly the on line compare sites are a waste of time ...

There’s a thread on the subject here which might help……

I know some insurers were insisting on 9 years+ no claims before they insure me.

Strange situation. I got insured on an M1000R for £1500 but for a GS 1300 was quoted 1900+

Success - Bennett insurance quote was £296 but tracker must be fitted I’m 67 with 9+ NCD with 3points from an SP30
Based on 4000 miles pa.
Problem seems to occur if bike value >£21k I was looking for £23 k cover and based in sussex

Success - Bennett insurance quote was £296 but tracker must be fitted I’m 67 with 9+ NCD with 3points from an SP30
Based on 4000 miles pa.
Problem seems to occur if bike value >£21k I was looking for £23 k cover and based in sussex
So what value have you got cover for?. Just be careful because if you've paid £23,000 for the bike and actually declared less than £21k as it's value you may have trouble in the event of a claim as you have under insured it. They may not pay out £21k in event of total loss because the value declared wasn't correct & their risk was greater.

Last edited:
Insurers each asked where the bike will be kept, they like an on property garage, brick or concrete walls, concrete base, ground anchor.
I think the main problem raising premiums is your post code

Few years ago I had issues with a new r1200gsa as despite having a block built ,alarmed garage with extra security locks ,insurance approved u lock and ground anchor , internal and external cctv coverage and a rural postcode my then insurer were not keen to insure a bike valued at £17,000, although it may have been more down to the then market value (think they have since raised this limit )

Really struggling all but declined one have declined
Carole Nash quote at £350 last year my gs1250 fully comp quote was £90
Only change new bikes value is 20k old bike 14k
I have 40 years claim free clean licence etc
insurers including Bennett’s state please ring for quote and promptly fail to quote
Please let me know if you find insurance
But looking on this thread £350 is the market

Back
Top Bottom