I've bought one at last!

Alchemy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Afternoon all, so after about six years of tyre kicking and admiring other peoples GS’s I finally got my wallet out and bought one.
I never used to give this sort of bike a second glance but when the liquid cooled model came out they started to catch my eye. I started riding in the late 90’s and sporty 600’s were my thing, followed by sporty 1000’s. I first test rode a GS back in 2016 and I couldn’t believe how nice it was to ride, I’m a bit of a short arse and often wondered if a GS would be too big but not at all. I also tried an RS at the same time but preferred the GS.
I wasn’t really in a position to buy one at that time unfortunately but it definitely got me hooked. Fast forward a couple of years and a really clean KTM 1290 GT came up for sale locally for a good price and I ended up buying it. I kept that for a few years and then started looking at GS’s again and test rode a couple of 1200s and 1250s.
I ended up buying a 1250 which happened to be a factory lowered one and so far I love it! I honestly couldn’t tell the difference between a standard height and a lowered one as far as handling is concerned, either one rides really nice. Interestingly, one bike I tried had a front tyre worn almost to the limit and you really felt it when leant over a fair bit, it wanted to straighten itself back up. It felt weird mid turn.
I’ve used the forum a few times to search for various things and it seems like an excellent resource so I thought I should join.
Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom