LDG R90S and 850 Commando Shootout

That was excellent with some very apt comments re the bikes. I particularly liked the Peter Egan one re the Norton rider having his eyes set on the next corner whereas the 90S rider's would be set on the horizon. I can remember back in the day, a number of BM club members doing some pretty impressive (and faultless) long distance rides on their R90Ses. I doubt very much if your average Commando rider would have been able to do the same!

Ta for posting.

Just watched the video, took me back to 1976 when I was an Instructor at Crystal Palace RAC/ACU training centre, another instructor had a Norton Interstate 850, I had my first R90s. After the Mornings training we used to race to the Youngs pub just off the upper sydenham road, on one occasion I got the jump on Geoff but nearing the pub I didn't brake hard enough for the turning so whistled past, needless to say my turn (again) to get the beers in! Thanks for the Video, bought back quite a few memories so thanks for that. Cheers:beerjug:

I haven't watched the video but for me it would be no contest. I rode an 850 Mk3 Commando back in '77 and desperately wanted an R90S and then an R100S but I couldn't get anywhere near affording one.

Thanks LDG, that was a good one. I thought the two bike comparison format worked well and added another dimension over single bike reviews.

Excellent !

I agree. Good format.
I’ve enjoyed some of the other bikes too. Guzzi and BSA Rocket 3 in particular.
My brother and I have almost the same pair of bikes ( mine is a 1977 R100/7 he has the Commando) which we are going to “test” on a little excursion to Northumberland in September.
This video has further increased my excitement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom