Lightweight DIY meths stove

Robbi

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Following on from Flintlocks excellent wood stove thread I thought folks might be interested in these home made meths stoves, I've made a couple out of Lynx deodorant cans and they work very well, this YouTube link shows how to do it

Any one fancy having a go and sharing the results.?

The one in the YouTube video is quite tall, the Lynx ones are a fair bit shorter and fit perfectly in a hexi stove, once you get used to how much meths to use it is very efficient and easy to use.

Following on from Flintlocks excellent wood stove thread I thought folks might be interested in these home made meths stoves, I've made a couple out of Lynx deodorant cans and they work very well, this YouTube link shows how to do it

Any one fancy having a go and sharing the results.?
If we can get hold of 40 or so cans for my Scouts to have a go it would be good :)

Thanks Robbi, we made coke can stoves a good few years ago, it was good fun but mixed results. I was thinking the Lynx deodorant stoves might be a bit easier to assemble as the diameter of the can changes with the shape of the can. Maybe a bit less scope for slicing Scout's fingers too.

Thanks Robbi, we made coke can stoves a good few years ago, it was good fun but mixed results. I was thinking the Lynx deodorant stoves might be a bit easier to assemble as the diameter of the can changes with the shape of the can. Maybe a bit less scope for slicing Scout's fingers too.
I doubt that you’ll be able to avoid slicing Scouts fingers no matter how hard you try but it’ll toughen them up ready for the realities of life :D

One the of success measures - having the same number of digits left at the end of the activity as you started with is always good, likewise having the same number of Scouts left too.

Anyway, back on topic; if we do get round to making Lynx or Coke can stoves I'll let you know, we will need to make 40 or so of them though.

Back
Top Bottom