Morocco Insurance Warning

jasper

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Have just returned from a 2 week trip to Morocco.
On arrival at the boarder we paid over 62 euros for 3rd party insurance , and were informed that should we have an accident we should phone the number at the bottom of the document for assistance.
THIS IS NOT TRUE. They will tow a car to the port , but this does not apply to bikes, as we found out when one of our party had an accident and wrote off their bike.
Best to take out alternative repatriation insurance before you go.

This would be better posted in the pub, or the Morocco forum.. For anyone to see, not just KTM owners..

no real surprise there then, you were better off getting proper green card insurance cover before you go, problem is, as far as I know, this can only be obtained from AGEAS or AVIVA in the UK,

On the ferry at the moment to Santander, landing at Tangier med for 3 weeks on Friday:)

Which company was that then?
The advantage of Moroccan insurance is that it can't damage your no claims in EU

Which company was that then?
The advantage of Moroccan insurance is that it can't damage your no claims in EU

My broker is Principle, but my Policy is issued by AGEAS, I don't have the exact number to hand, but I think it was about £45 for the green card cover for a month.

My broker is Principle, but my Policy is issued by AGEAS, I don't have the exact number to hand, but I think it was about £45 for the green card cover for a month.

That's exactly what I paid for a green card and I'm with AGEAS too. Thankfully didn't need to use it in our two week trip!

Hi

Obtained the green card for free from Devitt having insured through them with AXA. Also amazingly cheap recovery from SureStart being £58.50 for the year covering the whole of Europe and Morocco.

Derek

Back
Top Bottom