MRA Vario Screen

Morety

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This is my 2nd one, having had one on a 2016 GSA. On that bike it was perfect for my 5'8" height. Witht eh spoiler raised to the highest position it sat me in a bubble of still air with no buffeting and with screen in low position and spoiler in low position it directed the windflow just below helment height for airflow without buffeting. Not perfect but way better than the standard screen. Roll on a few years to the 1200RS and I tried the Wunderlich Marathon screen which was ok in the raised position but allowed too much buffeting in the low position. Swapped it for the same MRA vario as before and all is well. Not the quietest screen and you still need plugs, but it manages smooth airflow in the lower position even at higher speeds which would be great in warmer climates, and in the raised screenposition with spoiler lip raised it just deflects are above the helmet. I'd say if you're three or four inches taller than me, you'd want the other touring MRA version where the spoiler hinges up and over to increase the overall height of the screen but for anyone 5'10" or under, the vario should be spot on. Looks good too, and suits the RS as it's quite compact and maintains the sporty look of the bike.

This is my 2nd one, having had one on a 2016 GSA. On that bike it was perfect for my 5'8" height. Witht eh spoiler raised to the highest position it sat me in a bubble of still air with no buffeting and with screen in low position and spoiler in low position it directed the windflow just below helment height for airflow without buffeting. Not perfect but way better than the standard screen. Roll on a few years to the 1200RS and I tried the Wunderlich Marathon screen which was ok in the raised position but allowed too much buffeting in the low position. Swapped it for the same MRA vario as before and all is well. Not the quietest screen and you still need plugs, but it manages smooth airflow in the lower position even at higher speeds which would be great in warmer climates, and in the raised screenposition with spoiler lip raised it just deflects are above the helmet. I'd say if you're three or four inches taller than me, you'd want the other touring MRA version where the spoiler hinges up and over to increase the overall height of the screen but for anyone 5'10" or under, the vario should be spot on. Looks good too, and suits the RS as it's quite compact and maintains the sporty look of the bike.
Pictures please 😉

A few pics taken after I fitted it

IMG_0766.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0767W.jpg
    IMG_0767W.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom