Multi bike insurance

Yesterday I had the pleasure of dealing with two different people at Bikesure and it was only hours later that the penny dropped as to why the first person was keen for me to be a fucking idiot.

Number one wanted me to cancel my existing policy (it has about 5 weeks to go) and take out a new one rather than pay the admin charge to remove one bike and add a different one. No, that’s not going to happen because 10% of my previous premium is more than the admin charge and it makes no sense to throw it away. There was also an admin charge applicable in the event of early termination of an existing policy.

Number two was happy for me to make the changes but didn’t understand why I was requesting a ‘window’ when both bikes would be insured rather than the change take place at an exact time. No problem, I’ll cope without but it means I need to hurry so don’t waste my time trying to sell me additional services because I’ve only got a limited amount of time to finish the insurance changes then get to the dealer. It still took ages because she insisted on trying to sell me different types of policy but I avoided riding uninsured by 5 minutes.

I appreciate that everyone has to make a living but number one was obviously only involved in selling new policies so wasted a fair amount of time trying to persuade me that the best course of action for me was to throw a few weeks worth of cover in the bin just so he could get his commission. Number two wasn’t going to deviate from her procedure because she probably wasn’t clever enough to skip a page even though she’d been told I needed to get a move on and there was no chance of me purchasing fucking key insurance and her gaining commission from new sales :blast

Not to worry, I’ve got plenty of time to get quotes ready for my renewal and Bikesure dropped a few loyalty points yesterday.

My AXA car renewal has just come through… £5 more than last year…. #rip off Britain…

A tracker does nothing to prevent a bike being stolen. What a good quality one does do, is help with the (possible) recovery of the vehicle.

How was the bike secured for its stay outside Claridge’s?
It had two disc locks and the tracker. Yes, it should have more security. But it’s disgusting that the tracker was removed so easily. It’s equally disgusting that thieves think it’s ok to steal a bike at 11am in a busy west end street.

I now have a less desirable (?) hopefully 2016 GSA with two chains, an alarmed brake lock, and three hidden air tags - we shall see.

Datatool. I sent a complaint and I’ve not had a response.

I added another bike to my Motorcycle Platinum policy which I took out for the RS, and the renewal premium inexplicably went down! Two bikes covered for £180 (my renewal for the RS stated £196 on the day it was sent to me). I enquired of there was some mistake, and the answer was "no mistake, there's no additional premium to pay for the second bike". As you can only ride one at a time, the only increase was the total excess for theft or damage.

I tried Bemoto as have used them previously and were very competative with their pricing. Two bikes to insure (2018 1200 GSA and a 2022 R18 Classic), both locked overnight in a brick garage with alarm and Guardsman fitted in Windsor.... Bemoto couldn't offer anything less than £625, similar story with Carol Nash. Bikesure wanted £540 and BMW Insurance (Devitt) quoted at £380.....

I tried Bemoto as have used them previously and were very competative with their pricing. Two bikes to insure (2018 1200 GSA and a 2022 R18 Classic), both locked overnight in a brick garage with alarm and Guardsman fitted in Windsor.... Bemoto couldn't offer anything less than £625, similar story with Carol Nash. Bikesure wanted £540 and BMW Insurance (Devitt) quoted at £380.....

Which simply confirms that:

A. There is no substitute to shopping around for yourself.

B. That one bod’s happy answer, might well be very different to another bod’s.

PPS Completing on the purchase of a new bike on Thursday but only starting to look for insurance on the Monday before, is never a cunning plan.
This is very good advice . I made this mistake earlier this year , I was very surprised how much my insurance increased when I added my Norden. Withouf getting into the boring details it cost me a lot more than anticipated for the remaining 4 months of my policy and I have been hit at renewal time too.

i never understood why the likes of go compare dont do multibike insurance ,you can ad an extra driver/rider but not an extra bike

Back
Top Bottom