New guy

Gearup

Reaction score
Just got a 21 plate 1250gs triple black. Love it, except quick shift from 2nd to 3rd. Apart from pulling the clutch in does anybody know a fix for this. Thanks.

Hi, welcome to the forum

For the quick shifter it works best if you’re not gentle with it

Up changes you need to be on the gas, it won’t like half throttle, down changes the same, throttle closed, nothing else

Might sound daft but if you wear boots rather than softer shoes you’ll be more positive with your shifts and it’ll work better

Welcome aboard from another newbie. Just to add to this. I find if you apply upward pressure on the lever and just wait for the next gear to engage, rather just flicking the lever as on a normal up shift.

Bash being the operative word judging by Leadfarmer's advice. :D
Best of luck getting it resolved and welcome aboard.

Upwards, I don't use the QS until going from 3 to 4. I tend to short shift in the lower gears and the QS does not like this.

IIRC there's a way of resetting the QS as it will have "learnt" the previous owner's riding style. Is this something only a dealer with the correct diagnostic kit can do?

Hi Gearup and welcome.
Similar experiance regards quickshifter on my 2017 gs.
As stated a booted foot offers a better change, dont hesitate or over think it, just do it.
Personally i only use q.s. shifting from 3rd up.
Rarely use it going down, but it needs a heavy positive action and seems almost destructive in a peculiar way. Drove a new demo 1250 recently and that was smoother up and down.
Have fun 😁

Thanks to all for your kind welcome and your words of biker wisdom 👍

Back
Top Bottom