OBD2 Data Relay Sensor - Anybody know of one to fit R1200GS

Warlord

Do Not Resuscitate
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm trying to get OBD2 Data into my Virb XE video camera. At first pass, it doesn't look like I can get it from my Garmin Nav VI (although the camera connects successfully, I can't seem to get the data out)?

Garmin blurb say...

The OBD2 Data Relay is a sensor that connects to a compatible vehicle and can transfer sensor data such as RPMs, torque, throttle position, and more to the VIRB X or XE action cameras.

Anyone know of a third party OBD2 Data Relay Sensor I could use? :beerjug:

Oh, and it has to be a Bluetooth ELM327 compatible device :thumb2

This work with the Motoscan Android app http://www.obdlink.com/lxbt so might work for what you are wanting it for. It's backwards compatible with ELM327.

I have the MX bluetooth version.

Thanks for that. As I'm only uploading bike data to camera (rather than diagnostics) I only wanted a cheap one. I think that one is around £60

I just bought this one off Amazon? Don't know if it'll work or not, but should do something.

Attachments

• OBD2 ELM327.jpg
    OBD2 ELM327.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 421
I had a cheapy Ebay ELM327 one and it partially worked with the Motoscan app so you might be able to get it to work. What year is your bike?

I had a cheapy Ebay ELM327 one and it partially worked with the Motoscan app so you might be able to get it to work. What year is your bike?

March 2017 GSA

Back
Top Bottom