Picked Mine Up Today and it Pissed Down!

Reckless

Reaction score
Finally got to collect my 1200GSA today - Olive Green - from the outstanding team at Balderston's. However, they didn't manage to sort the weather so I had a full trial of Rain mode on the way home and the bike is absolutely minging - hence no photo as yet! Spent the afternoon fitting a wide range of Mr Hooton's excellent accessories - Crudcatcher, rad guards and a headlight guard plus a Cameltoe and a Givi adaptor plate for my top box. Its just as well I have it as the locks were not ready for my panniers so the top box is going to be more useful than normal. :nenau

Then spent a pleasant hour or so installing the SPA Autocom, Kenwood, PTT and Bluetooth - all went very well apart from the relay which was busted from the off and caused a bit of confusion - luckily I had a second relay which worked perfectly. Cable routing was a bit of a game but I got there eventually. For those who might be interested, I spliced into the Red/Brown wire that comes out of the 7.5 amp fuse in the little fusebox - switched by the ignition and turns off nice and quickly once the ignition goes off. The Kenwood I fitted under the rear rack with a couple of cable ties. All worked first time - just updating the maps on my Nav 5 now.

Just wanted to say a huge thankyou to Mark Hooton and to Sam Wray at Chainspeed for their excellent kit and superb service - Chainspeed is a top-notch dealer in high-quality kit and Sam has the patience of an angel! And no - he is not my brother! :beerjug:

Will post a pic of the bike when its clean - just another Olive Green GSA!! :thumby:

Top colour choice :D also the first thing I fitted to mine was the crudcatcher, Very nice bit of kit.

I was there on Friday with a mate collecting his K1600GT

esy2edeb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom