Punctures

JJH

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone any experience using those little black screw in repair things? I bought some but there’s no instructions. Do u use soloution ? JJH

Anyone any experience using those little black screw in repair things? I bought some but there’s no instructions. Do u use soloution ? JJH

I bought some because they were cheap and have previously had trouble getting the stop & go mushroom through the tool into the tyre.

Personally I wouldn't want to use one for long because apart from the thread there's nothing holding them in place so it would be ride/drive home slowly and replace.

I bought some because they were cheap and have previously had trouble getting the stop & go mushroom through the tool into the tyre.

Personally I wouldn't want to use one for long because apart from the thread there's nothing holding them in place so it would be ride/drive home slowly and replace.
Did u put soloution on? JJH

This may be of interest......

1.21 it starts on the mushroom, but apols I mis read your post.

It’s made me bin some stuff anyway.

Did u put soloution on? JJH

Not on the mushrooms. Have used these many times on bike and car punctures and they've always lasted for the remaining life of the tyre.

I guess the internal air pressure of the tyre holds the sides of the mushroom head against the inner wall of the tyre.

The threaded type doesn't have this so I think it would work itself loose as the tyre wears.

I have never used the threaded types but carry them with me and would use them if necessary.

puncture repair

I have used the screws I first inserted a repair string and found there was still a slight leak so I parted the 2 ends of the string and put a large screw in the middle screwed it in flush and repair done no glue required I've checked it a few times since with no leak so it will stay there until I change the tyre

Back
Top Bottom