radiator pipe replacement

drimcong

Reaction score
Hello friends,
the XCountry radiator pipe rusted through, mhh not a great piece of material was used there.
Anyway, its the bmw part number 17117696728
Has anyone 1 for sale, or maybe info which other machines used a similar one, Aprillia?
Would a normal copper pipe do as well, fixing it with a jubilee clip?
What is a good coolant replacement fluid, silicate free?
Thanx a mil,
cheers Josey

I have the same question; it was mentioned on the last MOT as being corroded (advisory) but I can’t find any information on it online.

I plan to take it apart during the winter to ascertain the dimensions to see if I can get something made up if I can’t find a replacement in the meantime.

In theory, its a pipe, as long as the bore - internal & circumference match what is existing, anything should suffice

obs it should meet the heat capablity of the original ... but its just bit of pipe

Naturally the mothership would insist, that it has to be a genuine part etc etc

the only risk with copper , is it may be the thin wall variety

Hello friends,
the XCountry radiator pipe rusted through, mhh not a great piece of material was used there.
Anyway, its the bmw part number 17117696728
Has anyone 1 for sale, or maybe info which other machines used a similar one, Aprillia?
Would a normal copper pipe do as well, fixing it with a jubilee clip?
What is a good coolant replacement fluid, silicate free?
Thanx a mil,
cheers Josey
Coolant :

Thanx a mil.
I used a copper pipe and two olives as an alternative replacement, since I couldn't get anything from here or at the german cousins.
Nothing else seen except on ebay US with massive postage costs.
However the old bracket is needed to hold the rad & new pipe, cut it off to hold the new pipe up.
Cheers Josey

Thanx a mil.
I used a copper pipe and two olives as an alternative replacement, since I couldn't get anything from here or at the german cousins.
However the old bracket is needed to hold the rad & new pipe, cut it off to hold the new pipe up.
Cheers Josey

Hi Josey

Happy to sell you an OEM one if you want ?

PM me for details

Cheers

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanx a mil.
Cheers Josey
What size copper did you use?

If Josey doesn't want one of your pipes, John, I could be interested.

i thought it was quarter inch pipe; the usual plumber gear.

Hi Josey

Happy to sell you an OEM one if you want ?

PM me for details

Cheers

John

Thanx a mil John, I'll pass it on to the XCo buyer.
Anyway, good to hear from you again.
Cheers Josey

Hi John
If you still have the second pipe I would be interested. I live in East Lothian but frequently head down to Gosforth so could pick it up if convenient.
Regards
Tim

Hi John
If you still have the second pipe I would be interested. I live in East Lothian but frequently head down to Gosforth so could pick it up if convenient.
Regards
Tim

I’m afraid it’s already gone

Thanks for letting me know John.

I did a bit more searching and I found a s/h pipe for sale on eBay in the US/Florida. They don’t post to the UK but I contacted my friend in Florida who we are visiting in October and she bought it for me this afternoon.

I had planned to fabricate something as a backup, but having seen the picture of the pipe on this thread I am now glad I have secured an original!

I’ve just found out that the tray that sits on top of the air filter to secure it is missing on my bike, so hopefully I can pick one up in the US as well as parts seem to be thin on the ground here.

Thanks for letting me know John.

I did a bit more searching and I found a s/h pipe for sale on eBay in the US/Florida. They don’t post to the UK but I contacted my friend in Florida who we are visiting in October and she bought it for me this afternoon.

I had planned to fabricate something as a backup, but having seen the picture of the pipe on this thread I am now glad I have secured an original!

I’ve just found out that the tray that sits on top of the air filter to secure it is missing on my bike, so hopefully I can pick one up in the US as well as parts seem to be thin on the ground here.
Sorting the garage out today I have found a third radiator pipe so if you still want one send me am email to nicholsonj2252@gmail.com

Hi John,

Thanks for letting me know, but the pipe arrived at our friends in Florida and we are visiting at the end of next month so sorted!

Regards

Tim

Back
Top Bottom