Rechargeable Tyre Inflators

Just bought the Sealey rechargeable as I was struggling to get a tyre pressure gauge and pump in for my rear tyre.
Not sure how accurate pressure gauge is but took it from 28 to 41 no problem. 20240329_014550.jpg20240329_014801.jpg

I thought at first, that the thumb ring was part of the kit!! Doh!

Many years ago, we had two Australian ‘wild child’ sisters working with us. Rogine, was one, I forget the name of the other. Neither of them took prisoners lightly. One day, in one of the brokers’ meetings, one of the new and somewhat shy and very green graduate trainees asked one of the sisters, what the ring on her thumb meant. She gave him a pitying look and just said, in an extra broad Australian accent….. “It means I like it up the arse, mate”. Happy days in EC3, well before HR became all knowing.

Last edited:
I bought the Airman years ago before these rechargeable ones came out. It's far cheaper than the rechargeables, the only potential downside is the 5a limit of canbus so I use the same SAE lead that provides the charge to my battery for my optimate and heated vest. It's bigger than the rechargeables but you don't have to go looking for a service station if you'd used the CO2 canisters and it's not going to run out of charge or CO2 if you have problems sealing the tyre. Best to keep your engine running though while using the airman so your bike battery doesn't go flat too.

Many years ago, we had two Australian ‘wild child’ sisters working with us. Rogine, was one, I forget the name of the other. Neither of them took prisoners lightly. One day, in one of the brokers’ meetings, one of the new and somewhat shy and very green graduate trainees asked one of the sisters, what the ring on her thumb meant. She gave him a pitying look and just said, in an extra broad Australian accent….. “It means I like it up the arse, mate”. Happy days in EC3, well before HR became all knowing.
Well, THERE'S a challenge!!
(And an affirmation about legendary Australian 'etiquette'! My eldest daughter has been living in Melbourne through Uni and now 4 years of Engineering, including participation in women's Australian Rules 'footy'.... She arrives in London at the start of May and I fear for the extent of damage done to all that effort made throughout Catholic girls high school...and now, I have THUMB RINGS to worry about, thanks to you, Richard! )

Halfords have 10% off the Michelin until Tuesday.

Additional discount is applied if a (no fee) member of Halford's Motoring Club.
Net price during this sale = £48.

@ymfb Thanks for that. 🙂
@Arsey Thanks for your original post 👍

Last edited:
My other half has a Citroen Cactus,

No spare wheel just a porta pump, can of gloop thing

Reading the instructions it can inflate tyres, airbeds, balls etc, deflate said items and pumps gloop into the tyre in the event of a puncture

But runs of the cigarrette lighter socket ...

got to be loads of similar items in scrapys now ;)

I bought one of these, for trail riding
Good bit of kit

2011894edf76770d73de0b9f02d87a76.jpg

Buy a QD one which screws onto the end of the hose and keep it with the pump.

Last time I checked my motorcycle had a battery onboard that will power a tyre pump . I always take that battery with me on all my motorcycle trips (along with a very small Rocky Creek tyre pump) and to be on the safe side I take an engine with me too that keeps the battery charged up. No mains charging nor gas canisters needed either ….😉😂
Yeah, but my awesome steed just failed to start AGAIN this morning, despite a new battery six or seven weeks back. It would be completely frigging useless to fix the tyre myself,then need rescue to start the fucker.

Then you need a rechargeable pump or a power pack. I bought the Ring RTC4000 which is a bit more expensive than their one in this thread but I am very pleased with it.

Back
Top Bottom