Reconfigure Multi-function indicators on R1250 GS

GSite

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All
Has anyone managed to reconfigure the multi-function indicators on the later R1250GS ?
Aware of the Weiser kits available to switch the indicators to single function ie flashing only when the brakes are applied at the same time. Just wondered if there are other reliable and cheaper kits out there or even better if the Hexcode GS911 has the download to be able to do so. Has anyone used a third party to do the above when BMW dealers say they can't ?
Thanks

Pretty sure I saw a thread on the German forum where someone did it using the BMW coding software.

Hi All
Has anyone managed to reconfigure the multi-function indicators on the later R1250GS ?
Aware of the Weiser kits available to switch the indicators to single function ie flashing only when the brakes are applied at the same time. Just wondered if there are other reliable and cheaper kits out there or even better if the Hexcode GS911 has the download to be able to do so. Has anyone used a third party to do the above when BMW dealers say they can't ?
Thanks
I have a GS-911 and have only noticed that you can remove the self cancelling option with reference to indicators.

However my bike is a 2019 and doesn't have the multifunction indicators, however I don't think that would stop the GS-911 showing that option if it was part of the software.

Ive seen a couple of vids about the GS911 with the possibilty of changing light settings being alluded too.
9 mins 40 the Hex guy mentions it.

This would swing the purchase of one for me.

Looks like the bank balance might take another kicking :ROFLMAO:

About front multifunction indicators, you can turn off amber lights, GS911 can do it (easiest way) or esys + enet cable (not for all, you modify parameters directly and you can do damages).
For rear you can disable red indicator lights and leave only amber turn lights , and use central light for position and brake light. Again you can do directly (esys enet cable) or gs911 ( not100% sure if it has this functionality ) and some small HW mod.
Second option for rear indicators, is have the red light in indicators turn off when amber light is working. For this some more HW mods needed.

see https://www.gs-forum.eu/threads/blinker-update-hinten-bj-2021.179160/page-15#post-3248194

Back
Top Bottom