Request for history, R1150GS.

KMD

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After doing in 8 years on my 1200GS what I would have done in one year on my old 1150GS, I have gone back and bought an 1150 to see my riding days out. The bike I have now is a silver BMW R1150Gs VRM V848LGF. When I bought this bike it was described as cosmetically challenged but mechanically very good.

This has turned out to be very true. I’m quite happy cleaning up the not so pretty bits, we all know what they are and what they need. The bike has clearly been well loved by someone, it came with UKGSER stickers on the tank, a fender extender on the front and an Imberger carbon hugger on the back. It has an Aero Screen, Wilbers shock absorbers front and rear, and some very fancy LED indicators at the back. It also has, I think, a K&N air filter. It had a Remus de cat Y piece and Remus end can. Someone has spent some money on this bike.

I’m thinking the only thing I could add to it is a John Gemi tuning chip, but with all the upgrades already on it the only way I could find out if that hasn’t already been done would be to open up the ECU and check directly. So to my question…..did you own this bike ? Did you fit the above upgrades, and did you fit a JG Chip?

Thanks very much I appreciate the offer, but mine is a single spark early model.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom