Right faffy job

Mad Hatter

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This afternoon‘s job was to strip the GS down ready to replace all the control cables. Probably one of the most fiddly jobs to do excluding a full engine/gearbox rebuild. Now waiting on Motorworks delivering the new cables. Bike looks like an explosion at the spaghetti factory😀

IMG_0789.jpeg

This afternoon‘s job was to strip the GS down ready to replace all the control cables. Probably one of the most fiddly jobs to do excluding a full engine/gearbox rebuild. Now waiting on Motorworks delivering the new cables. Bike looks like an explosion at the spaghetti factory😀

View attachment 289698
Hull to Liverpool relatively straightforward journey, you have gone via Birmingham, 🤷‍♂️

I feckin hate wriggling about with the splitter box under the battery tray. Fiddly as fcuk.

Me too, that’s why I pulled the whole lot out. It’s not too difficult having previously deleted the ABS module

my fast idle isnt working but there is a bit of pressure when i pull the fast idle lever,so does feel like it should work but doesnt, do they disconnect at the junction box ? its a new to me gs1100 98 anniversary model.

my fast idle isnt working but there is a bit of pressure when i pull the fast idle lever,so does feel like it should work but doesnt, do they disconnect at the junction box ? its a new to me gs1100 98 anniversary model.
Yes, the fast idle cable goes into the junction box. It looks complicated because you have to move a lot of stuff out of the way to get to it (I’d hate to have to replace the cables on a bike that still had the ABS unit fitted) but if you are methodical it’s easy enough to do. Mine is all back together now.

Back
Top Bottom