Roadlok seized

ShakeyBMW

S K P
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've just been away on a long weekend around the Lakes and Dales and found the lock on my Roadlok has completely seized. I have soaked the lock barrel in 3-in-1 for several hours and I can just about turn the key far enough to get the plug out.

If memory serves, I should be able to depress the locking pin and withdraw the lock barrel from the carrier but I just can't get this to happen. I've tried applying heat from a heat gun but it still won't budge. The visible face of the lock barrel always looked corroded from when it was just a few months old but it always worked fine until now.

Anyone got any suggestions?

I’d suggest silicone spray. Worked for me following a tip from someone.

MY PIN IS NOT COMING OUT WITH THE KEY TURNED FULLY CLOCKWISE - IS IT STUCK?​

Because of the unique design of the ROADLOK system, if there is pressure on the BrakeBolt pin it will not pop right out with the key turned fully. To remove the pin, keep the key turned fully clockwise and take pressure off the pin by either pushing or pulling lightly on the fork leg - the pin will pop right out. Note: Regardless of the amount of pressure being put on the pin by the motorcycle, the main body of the pin will pop out of the hole approximately 1/4", which means that it is unlocked from the primary position.

https://www.ukgser.com/community/threads/roadlok-issues.281842/ (a case of déjà-vu?)

Back
Top Bottom