Robust spot light fitting

Mark Hooton

Cymarcbikeparts
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The spot light mounting locations on the new R1300GS are very suitable for the (small & comparatively light) OEM nano-lights however if you wanna hang anything off it heavier than a hamster (and some of us do, don’t knock it till you’ve tried it) then you’ll soon realise that the light will easily wobble!

So, there’s two issues here. Firstly there’s nothing on the market as yet to fit heavier or after market lights too and if there was if only the existing mounting point was used then any heavier light would just ‘wobble’.

So, being as cunning as a fox (not the words the wife uses) I’ve come up with a robust (I can’t do anything other than over-engineer coz I’m daft as a brush) supporting bracket that not only uses the existing mounting point but also another one that then makes the whole assembly much more fit for purpose (and less wobbly).

Shown are my D4’s at 680 grams and it’s oh so solid!

Also, I believe I’ve even beaten Denali themselves to a solution for mounting their lights onto the new model. Pah, in your face, corporate shirts!

Talking of wobbly it’s nearly wine-o-clock….
c83345fc1dc134f3cbe438ebed9887d5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pound to a pinch that will be copied and adopted as the standard in no time.

You certainly have skills:beerjug:

Pound to a pinch that will be copied and adopted as the standard in no time.

You certainly have skills:beerjug:

Thanks (fellow gunner) and I’m sure you are very much right! But for now, first to market and mad as expensively as I can!

Cheap ones off aliexpress coming soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom