Sad news

Ohhhhh fekk :(

What a great character......very sad news this is- visiting his garage was always a highlight of our trips and he was such an expert at just sorting things out.....from fabricating up a complete side stand for a Husaberg on one trip, including springs, mounting lugs and a side stand (all in, 14 quid!) to making the infamous footplates for the Pan 1100 because the lady pillion had a sprained ankle (you had to see them to believe them, they were......er.......'EPIC' :D and gluing on the soles of MX boots that had been ripped off en-route, he was a master bodger/fettler/mechanic.

He and his minions (those who knew the place will know what I mean) were just so bloody good, and we've spent many a contented hour sitting on those Cadillac wheels outside in the sun while the boys brewed mint tea and ran around like busy things.

Most impressive bodge he ever did for me was to replace the odd alloy (bronze and something exotic, I don't remember) ferrule that the starter thrust shaft drifts in......he wasn't the slightest bit concerned that there wasn't one to fit an 1150 starter in Zagora.....he just acquired one from a scrap starter and machined it down to fit.
Imagine that (or anything remotely like it ) happening in Modern Britain :eek

Top top bloke......I've still got a wallet full of his famous stickers here in my desk :(

DSC00628-X2.jpg

What a shame, met him many times over tha past 15 years.

Although always touting for business, we knew that get the bike to Zagora and Mohamed could get it fixed whatever the problem.

Top bloke and could fix almost anything

couldn't have put it better myself Fanum, indeed the original "Master bodger"

I got on my bike this morning to go to work and was oddly proud to realise that I have as many "Mo Mods" and fixes on my 1150s as I have had Touratwat accessories.

Oh, and a slight bump, as I KNOW that a lot more peeps have had the great pleasure of knowing "The small fat one" than have seen the sad news

welded-fillet-close-up.jpg

making the infamous footplates for the Pan 1100 because the lady pillion had a sprained ankle

Yes, impressive but they did fall off two days later.

Photo%20206-M.jpg

And the GS grippy pegs he made after looking at some European made ones...

Photo%20185-M.jpg

Forgot about him, but glad I spotted this post as I don't drop by much any more. Inshallah.

Back
Top Bottom