SAMMY MILLER RUN-SPEEDING TICKETS

TaffyScouser

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone received a ticket from this run. It would seem that a number of the group at the front of the line of riders might have been caught by the mobile unit in a small village after Salisbury. One rider with us on a XJR1300 had a ticket processed last Friday. I am trying to see if anyone else had a ticket or ws it just the one rider. Bakerman and two others were also at the head of the line of riders whereas the rest of us were held up by traffic and doing the speed limit or just below it.

ANDY MELTON

ANY OF THE FIRST FOUR BIKES WERE OVER THE LIMIT AS YOU WERE UP THE ARSE OF THE GUY THAT HAS HAD A TICKET. FINGERS CROSSED IF YOU WERE BEHIND THE XJR1300.

I dunno if it still applies, but the police used to allow for the 10% for keeping up with traffic if you were in a 'traffic flow'(which I think is in the highway code but not in law) . Hence, round my way at least, they used to pull everyone, but ticket the first and last riders (as they are not in a traffic flow) and let the others off with a warning. (They did the same to 'clumps' of cars as well).

Back
Top Bottom