Scoots 2013. The road to Bansang

Status
Not open for further replies.
OOPS

I appear to have started a war here - that was not my intention. :eek:

I think the message I want to get out there is for anyone who wants to do the trip but has either health issues or serious reservations about personality clashes then I would strongly say DON'T DO IT. Things will not sort themselves out once you are on the road. Again, this is only my opinion, based on Andy's experience.

The most disappointing thing for me is that the harshness of the riding was not the issue. The problems arose because of day to day things that should not have occurred. :nenau

Things such as the formation of two riding groups rather than one meant that the group at the back caught up with a waiting (and resting) front group only to be told "no time to stop - must press on."

At some stops - money would be handed to one person to go and buy drinks and 9 cans of coke, 9 fruit juices or 9 mint teas complete with sugar would come back. These are of course a no no for Andy. He was usually told - "no time to go to buy anything else" - so just water on offer. :fiddle

All these little things build up when you are tired and under pressure and so become big things. Combine that with peer pressure to be like everyone else, and feeling very unwell - you have one pretty miserable group member.

The entire experience was most unfortunate for us, however, I know there are loads of you out there who will go on the next and future trips - you will get on really well with Dennis and have a great adventure whilst doing a great job for those less fortunate. Whoever you are - well done and enjoy. :JB

:101

I appear to have started a war here - that was not my intention. :eek:

Paula .... it was a fantastic trip and everyone came home safe. Hindsight is an exact science ... we all do things our own way, sometimes it doesn't work, we all have regrets, the guys got the job done and for that let's be thankful :thumb

Onwards and forwards eh ;)

Oh, by the way .... :kissy2

:beerjug:

Not your fault or problem, you've written a great trip report as you see it. Others on here should be grown up enough to not spoil it with personal invective that has no place in this thread.

Your right, my apologies, I just didn't like the way one person was getting the shitty stick.
Well done Andy, Dennis and all concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom