So I have this old 1150 GS

I think this will be my solution although I dont really want to do the whole harness :eek:
I hate to say it but if you have a bit of OCD you’ll end up doing the whole loom. :D
If not, I’ll keep reminding you. :green gri

Having taken the tank off ( it will probably need a pro paint job as there are some bad scratches that upset my OCD ) Some quick release fuel line connectors are on the shopping list and I have a big sign on the garage door that says do not smoke in here for at least a week :DD

But whilst the tank is off I have the pump and filter thing out as well so may as well change them so added to the ever lengthening list

That bottom fork brace is bothering me too as it looks a tricky and quite expensive bit to replace and equally tricky to take off to refurb - Anyone any tips on refurb in situ ?
Make sure you get the heavy duty metal quick release fuel line connectors. Both sides too.(4). :thumb2

they are doing it including new decals which will be under the laquer for a reasonable £200 ( i think its reasonable anyway )
Yes I think that's a fair price too. Don't underestimate the size of an oilhead tank, they require quite a lot more materials than most other tanks.

I have the even larger Touratech 42lit tank on mine (hence why I have a spare original) and that cost me £300 without decals back in 2006 - so £200 all in really is a good price.

£200 for a re-spray is a very good price if it's a good job and including decals!

Re the bottom fork brace, you mean the bottom fork yoke? Can you leave it in situ and clean off the old paint with a dremel or similar? Then hand paint a base layer and finish with a rattle can silver? (Masking as appropriate.)

He’s wasting a great winter bike…
Isn't he just! But, I know how he feels, I've bought several' winter bikes' in my time and ended up 'tidying' them up so much I didn't want to use them in the winter. One of the perils of OCD....

Holy thread resurrection

Due to having been busy and being honest having forgotten i had dropped the tank off at the painters - they are just over the wall from our office - i suddenyl realised whist in the garage that something was missing so i have been and collected this today

GS tank wrapped .jpgGS tank unwrapped.jpg

Meanwhile my 103k miles 1150GS breezed through its MoT this morning (after a good clean last night to remove some of the muck from all my winter rides)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom