Some astounding HOG twattery to amuse you

I observed some hog twattery yesterday. Had a lovely trip out through mid wales, over mountain road along the top of Elan valley, via Devils bridge and ended up in Aberystwyth to get a bite to eat and a cuppa.

Lots of bikes parked up on the sea front. A youngish chap was admiring the bikes with his wife/girlfriend and a couple of kids, clearly longing to get a bike. He said something which I didn’t catch, but i heard the reply as his wife then said “you’ve got to get a Harley, that’s a real bike”.

Cue massive internalised face palm from me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apologies harley riders, I have just realised this is the Harley section. Thanks Tapatalk!! Facepalm for me there. And my bro owns a Harley. Facepalm for him :)

What is a facepalm, is a new kind of moisturiser for those who really do love themselves and if it is and it is made from palm oil, then I am out.

I'd love to hear the perspective of said HOG owner on this thread, which 'chapter' is he affiliated to, is it the 'Rolling Hills' Chapter in Cheltenham ?

Personally I'd love to talk to someone with a Livewire to get their impressions of it.

RBW.

Bound to be 'Rolling Hills', Evesham only being 10 or so miles from Cheltenham.
I remember a few years ago, I rode into Cheltenham HD on the GS as I was going past it and noticed it was open and it was a Sunday. Unusual I thought, so went in for a look. The reason it was open was

suddenly apparent, it was a Rolling Hills HOG open day. I had to park right in amongst them, much to their obvious disgust. (muttered comments, raised eyebrows, tuts of disapproval etc. etc.) I must

have recently read one of Att/Juan's posts because I thought 'F*ck you' and wandered into the dealership where I met a couple of HOG members that live local to me and are good chaps and who I already

knew from local bike meets. One or two had noticed the reception I had received and felt compelled to apologise. TBH, I wasn't really bothered by it, there are tw*ts in all walks of life, it's just that

generally HOG has more than it's fair share. I now own a Harley, Cheltenham is my nearest main dealer but wild horses wouldn't get me to enroll in HOG........HDRCGB.....now that's a different matter :thumb

What is a facepalm, is a new kind of moisturiser for those who really do love themselves and if it is and it is made from palm oil, then I am out.

It’s when you wank into your hand, then rub it all over your face. It’s very good for you.

I'd love to hear the perspective of said HOG owner on this thread, which 'chapter' is he affiliated to, is it the 'Rolling Hills' Chapter in Cheltenham ?

Personally I'd love to talk to someone with a Livewire to get their impressions of it.

RBW.

I didn't ask as I was struggling to speak while I was holding back the urge to burst out laughing.

A motorcycle rally??
This was last weekend and a chance to catch up with some old mates. We're the small group of outcasts who turned up with tents:D.

The eagle eyed among you will note it was a HOG rally
It's the only HOG rally we still go to. Lots of the usual HOG born again Peter Fonda/S of A nobs who attended in motorhomes. Nice location though and some good bands.👍
IMG_20230902_105541191_HDR.jpgIMG_20230902_100552221_HDR.jpg
Ps, to be fare to them, the top pic was taken during the mass ride out.:ymca
Alternatively we walked into town to boost the local economy:beer:

Last edited:
A motorcycle rally??
This was last weekend and a chance to catch up with some old mates. We're the small group of outcasts who turned up with tents:D.

The eagle eyed among you will note it was a HOG rally
It's the only HOG rally we still go to. Lots of the usual HOG born again Peter Fonda/S of A nobs who attended in motorhomes. Nice location though and some good bands.👍
View attachment 281295View attachment 281296
Ps, to be fare to them, the top pic was taken during the mass ride out.:ymca
Alternatively we walked into town to boost the local economy:beer:
Looks like you were the only ones who actually rode there.... oh dear!

Looks like he turned up for a wrong ride .... in hind sight his best action would have been not to go ahead with it.

Still, a ludicrous, pretentious, dick headed, smug, idiot, prat, twat, head up arse wanker, is perhaps a little harsh to be fair. :)

We felt like the poor relations, especially as they wore brand new shiney leathers and brand new bikes which
emerged from their brand new box trailers. We know our place :D.

We felt like the poor relations, especially as they wore brand new shiney leathers and brand new bikes which
emerged from their brand new box trailers. We know our place :D.
If it was like he HOG groups I've come across, they'd also all be wearing identical BAD ASS leather waistcoats and BAD ASS back pisspot helmets.....oh and possibly a high viz jacket because after all you have to be sensible, don't you?

Looks like he turned up for a wrong ride .... in hind sight his best action would have been not to go ahead with it.

Still, a ludicrous, pretentious, dick headed, smug, idiot, prat, twat, head up arse wanker, is perhaps a little harsh to be fair. :)
3994D7C900000578-3858780-image-m-33_1477063236971.jpg

He often gets confused by what are motorcycle rallies and Caravan Club rallies.
But gents rest assured there were other *bods/peasants/real people under canvas who arrived on motorcycles but most of them were on Harley's. :D
Here's a pic to alleviate your anxiety.

*Insert as applicable.

IMG_20230901_171343050_HDR.jpg

And as it's such a nice day I'll be riding my Harley to Blackpool to cruise the Golden Mile.:cool: The quest to be uncool marches on.(y)
Oh, and enjoy Lake Garda Al, I'll be thinking about you.:tears
:beerjug:

View attachment 281400

But gents rest assured there were other *bods/peasants/real people under canvas who arrived on motorcycles but most of them were on Harley's. :D
Here's a pic to alleviate your anxiety.

*Insert as applicable.

View attachment 281401

And as it's such a nice day I'll be riding my Harley to Blackpool to cruise the Golden Mile.:cool: The quest to be uncool marches on.(y)
Oh, and enjoy Lake Garda Al, I'll be thinking about you.:tears
:beerjug:
Were you all located out of view of the tin tent and trailer brigade in a different field so you didn't drag the site down to your level. Was the bunting intended to keep them out or you in. Were they closer to the amenities even though they would of course be using their own. Do their steeds make thevusual potato potato sound or have they been upgraded to a more exclusive vegetable like 🍆🍆

Back
Top Bottom