South Devon/Dorset

BawdyMonk

One of my old favorites was the South coast of Devon and Dorset, all the way from Plymouth to Lyme Regis, Get on the A379 out of Plymouth, into the South Hams, Slapton Sands are stunning and if you get up early and pack a folding .410 you bag (er.. read that as poach) some pheasants on the way, cross on the ferry at Dartmouth,if it's not running for some reason you can go into Totnes, but watch out for old hippy birds and stay off their grass.. or don't if thats your thing! either way then it's up into Torbay down to the harbourside at Torquay, up to St Marychurch and then A379 to Teignmouth, that road WILL get your attention!, then through Dawlish up to Exminster (There was a pub called the Black Swan it was owned by some well dodgey members of the Sweeney, but did a fantastic Sunday Carvery) Cut down to Exmouth and then B3178 out, you can go up onto the A3052 if you like but personally I like the B roads which go right along the edge of the coast, from Lyme regis it's a short hop onto the A35 and a fast run home!
If you like the sea air this route is great, it's not easy, but at the Dukes boy's won't be around.
Damn I'm so homesick now.:idea

Back
Top Bottom