SW Motech SysBag WP

They look awesome, with their awesome quick release racks. I might look at getting some for the Himy (to use the latest bikermate expression). Thanks for sharing dude, as they say.

What though is not very clear is why:

A. The two bags on the quick release racks differ in size so much. 15 litres left (near side) 10 litres right (off side). I can only assume it is something to do with clearing the exhaust on the off side?

B. Why the lashing strap bag versions, which I assume are used with the generic Royal Enfield frame, differ greatly in size from the quick release bags. These bags seem to be 27 and 40 litres respectively, a huge difference over the other bags.

ef3f4673694b2c449c75eec691747d70.png

I must be reading Motech’s website wrong?

I might have to bimble along to the Great Portland Street branch of Infinity to find out:

4279a21f28313256c636913e886071c0.png

I shall use the tube and / or bus if I do.

This is maybe a better structured review, than that in the opening post.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LLLIJFkNKb8" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I am going to have a look at some as an alternative to my Himalayan’s Spam tins.

PS I quite like the Kriega steel core straps. I have a homemade length of plastic coated steel cable with eyelets on either end, which I can secure with a padlock. The cable and eyelets came from a yacht chandler’s; I think it’s the stuff they use to stop nautical types falling off the boat when they are pissed. I use it to secure my jacket and helmet if I go wander about on a jaunt. The steel core strap is probably neater.

Bugger.

SW-Motech’s ‘Find your nearest dealer’ function is crap. Infinity do not stock it, they only order it in. As I wanted to look at a bag, that was a wasted journey to London W1.

On a brighter note, the Kreiga steel core straps I ordered, turned up in short order.

Back
Top Bottom