Tents recommendation

Explorerx

Reaction score
Hello guys,
Just wondering if anybody has used one of these moto tents where you can park your bike in it as well. Looking for a new tent and just saw this one? Just wondering if there any good.

Hello guys,
Just wondering if anybody has used one of these moto tents where you can park your bike in it as well. Looking for a new tent and just saw this one? Just wondering if there any good.
Why would you park your bike in a tent? Useful to sit in though if it’s raining or need to get out of the sun.

I have got a Redverz Atacama tent. I bought it use with the bike but never have due to its humongous pack size and weight**. The only time I’d park the bike inside would be if I was on an iffy pikey city centre campsite where I felt the risk of theft was very high. Otherwise it’s a great tent: easy to put up, capacious and the “garage” makes a great shelter/kitchen/dressing room/store.

** wife is usually on pillion so packing a huge bag is problematic. I did see it before I bought it but it was one of things that never goes back in the bag as small and tidy as when it was vacuum packed in the factory. I use it when we go camping in the tiny Mazda MX5. Which was our only car for 4 year’s believe it or not.

Love my Redverz Atacama, the one LoneRider copied :) Never put a bike in the garage bit though, it's the communal beer area when raining, or the standing up area for getting gear on etc. They are really well engineered and Cliff at https://www.adventurebikeshop.co.uk/ (Also a site sponsor) would sort you out (y)

I have got a Redverz Atacama tent. I bought it use with the bike but never have due to its humongous pack size and weight**. The only time I’d park the bike inside would be if I was on an iffy pikey city centre campsite where I felt the risk of theft was very high. Otherwise it’s a great tent: easy to put up, capacious and the “garage” makes a great shelter/kitchen/dressing room/store.

** wife is usually on pillion so packing a huge bag is problematic. I did see it before I bought it but it was one of things that never goes back in the bag as small and tidy as when it was vacuum packed in the factory. I use it when we go camping in the tiny Mazda MX5. Which was our only car for 4 year’s believe it or not.

I'm always solo so the Atacama isn't a problem for me, I can get it, my helinox, kelty sleeping mat, memory foam pillows and my cotton sleep mat cover into my SW Motech 350 (35l) drybag, with a little bit of jiggling :)

Back
Top Bottom