thetford forest trail ride

Re: Enduro Racing

Yellow Hippo said:
What about girlies turning up on a man's machine!

Yep. I'll go along with that!

I prefer the title All Fall Down Wiv Me GS club:clap

Yep. I'll go along with that too. Don't hold with riding any bikes that weigh less than I do....

Steve.

Re: Re: Enduro Racing

scurrell said:

Don't hold with riding any bikes that weigh less than I do....

Steve.

So that just leaves the Honda Goldwing then . . .

:hapybnce:

Re: Re: Re: Enduro Racing

Simon Eassom said:

So that just leaves the Honda Goldwing then . . .

Only the 1800. The earlier models were a bit skimpy..

Plus the LT and possibly the Valkyrie..

Steve.

Fantastic . . . Thetford Forest Trail. You on a Valkyrie, me on an LT. Those lightweight GSs are for nambie pambie Essex boys!

:D :D :D

Heavyweight Machines

I havn't got an enduro racer but i could bring a 7.5 tonne Ford Cargo along and we could rope our motley collection of powered two wheelers onto it, stop at the local hostelry and strap on a few barrels of beer, kill the odd deer or two, and have a picnic in the woods.

Anyone got a barbecue they could bring along?

Best Regards
Wallowing Yellow Hippo who doesn't own an enduro but loves the smell of burning flesh in the morning.

Re: Heavyweight Machines

Yellow Hippo said:
..... stop at the local hostelry and strap on a few barrels of beer, kill the odd deer or two, and have a picnic in the woods.

Ahhh. Memories of Sunday morning boar-hunting in the Hunsruck. We were touring in the Eifel region and were invited as guests of the bar owner. Meet in the bar at 7am, sink a few beers and then off to the forest in a procession of Lada Cossaks. Got there, lit a fire, drank schnapps, fell over. Loads of drunk Germans with guns (including the local sheriff) and not a single boar harmed (or even scared for that matter). One guy got shot in the leg though, but nobody owned up. Then back to the bar for lunch. Those were the days....

Count me in!!

Steve.

Easy Going Then!

I understand that this is one of the easier trails that we will be riding in a week and a bit.

What's the headcount now and does this prompt you to change your choice of mount?

Yellow [ I think i'm gonna bottle out ] Hippo.

Attachments

• bmw and luke (2).jpg
    bmw and luke (2).jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 137
You'll notice, in the photo 2 posts above, that the big, heavy GS has broken the log in half rather than go over it!!!
Don't worry about riding your GS. It'll go anywhere. If it can't get over the mountain, it will just move it out of the way!!
See you there. Where ever "there" is??????

THETFORD OFF ROAD

We are riding the route this sunday agian,as last sunday I got a huge nail in my rear tyre on route to BURY ST EDMUNDS, I tried plugging it but it was to bigger hole to fix properly, we managed to ride about half of it but I had to stop every 15mins to pump the tyre up,I got fed up with it so cut it short,but first signs about conditions are,well shall we say WET WET WET and what with this new batch of gale force winds and rain for the next 3-4 days conditions can only get worse. I will update sunday what it's like then you can decide for yourselves if you still want to come or not,the last thing I want is being chased down the road like a scene from benny hill by a load of soaking wet muddy oilhead riders.cheers for now Andy/Adam

The better part of valour is discretion.

Morning All.

Andy and I rode the route over the weekend for a 2nd recce. It wasn't a pretty sight. Conditions are now very difficult indeed. I am very sorry to say this but I think the best thing to do is to postpone the ride until things start warming up again. Neither Andy or myself would like to be held responsible for any damage to rider or bike and if we did do the run, believe me, you would fall off - I did, twice, and I know the route!

I hope this doesn’t cause anyone too much inconvenience and look forward to meeting ya'll on another ride out soon.

Adam (and Andy)

BLOODY WEATHER

Dam - I was really looking forward to going and I have a pass out!.
Any chance of indicating on an ordnance survey map some of the route in case some of us still want to go ?.

I had a quick look at o/s landranger map 144 and there does not appear to be many BOAts inside the Forest.

TIA:(

message received

Thanks for the warning, and all the effort youv'e put in, another day then in the dry for us sprogs.
If you organise another do, post it here.
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom