where can I get a gearchange rubber from for 12GSA?

Terzikat

The end of the rubber cover that goes over the gear lever on my 12GSa broke off and Williams want to charge me £56 :eek::eek: for a complete gear lever assembly because apparently BMW don't sell the rubbers separately.

The standard 12GS one is available for £6 but doesn't fit because it's a different design (ask me how I know:blast)

Does anyone know where I could just get a rubber bit only for the GSA:confused:

$70 custom shift from http://www.adventurersworkshop.com/hammerhead_shifters.htm

hammer1.gif

BMWR1200GS0W.jpg

Dave

Take the bike to a local hydraulics shop. Get a few while you are at it. The hydraulic hose will never wear out.

The end of the rubber cover that goes over the gear lever on my 12GSa broke off and Williams want to charge me £56 :eek::eek: for a complete gear lever assembly because apparently BMW don't sell the rubbers separately.

The standard 12GS one is available for £6 but doesn't fit because it's a different design (ask me how I know:blast)

I had the same problem, I went back to my dealer and got the whole gear lever swapped under warranty. They don't do a separate rubber part for the 1200GSA. Go to a different dealer or moan to your exsisting one

Cheers

Ty

Get one of those gear lever extenders that simply slips over the end of the lever - these cost about £10. In the absence of the rubber underneath you'll have to pack it out with something.

Gaer lever rubber

Ive replaced the rubber that has come off my 2006 adv gear lever twice now,replaced both times from shrewsbury car dealer (local to me),i have the part number at work if you are desperate,about £6 i think...dave.

I replaced the gear change rubber on my Tiger with a Honda kick start rubber for 50p. I think it was a CG125. Had to cut it in half so one rubber give two replacements.

Gear lever rubber

Will dig out the receipt when i am back at work on monday,then i will post the part number.dave

STOP PRESS

BMW now list the rubber as a seperate part(approx £4 I think). This has only just happened so may take a few days for the parts to filter down to the dealers.

If your dealer has no knowledge of this ask him to check his recent parts bulletins

Stumpy

Wnderlich

I got this off ebay last week (OceanBMW, if I remember) for £35. I always found the oe lever to be just a tad too long and it was starting to wear at the stitching of the gearchange pad on my Altbergs. This has solved the problem, plus you'll never have to worry about the pad coming off. :thumb

There's another one on ebay as of now.

Attachments

• g04.jpg
    g04.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 92

Isn't the bike still under warranty? Surely thats a warranty claim...!

Back
Top Bottom