Yamaha Diversion 900 questions

ELIMINATOR

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Toying with the idea of geting one of these as the winter hack. Anyone had one? What's the fuel consumption like, reliability? etc. etc.

think FRanum means: Its not 1st of April!

but sensible head on: divvy 900; reliable, old, boring, dull..... but run forever with minor fettling (oil, filters etc)

They are reliable, good honest bikes... get 1 as a hack, but remember they last forever, and finding someone to buy it off you when you are sick of it will be difficult!

had one before the fazer

heavy, but you Bwm owners won't notice :D

reliable, you Bwm riders will notice, seen them with 200k miles on them :thumb

make sure full exhaust is stainless, go for condition rather than age :nenau

brakes need braided and HH pads up front, 15w oil in front forks

fuel guage is not very good, but has light also

40-45 mpg, if you keep it below 85mph

still quite a few low milage ones around like this

http://uk.msnusers.com/YamahaDivers...LastModified=4675572483695178927&all_topics=1

borrowed one for the day once, truly one of the worst bikes i've ever ridden.

absolute pants :nono

What other shaftie bikes are out there as hacks then? CHEAP

Apart from 400 - 600 Eliminators.

Like Guzzis but at the price I'm looking at it would be a non starter, 'scuse the pun :D

cookie said:
borrowed one for the day once, truly one of the worst bikes i've ever ridden.

absolute pants :nono

You need to try out more bikes, if you think the divvie 900 is the worst bike you have ever ridden :D

other shafties

still lots of gt550 kwacks about
or NTV650 honda's

my winter hack, is a divvie 600, its reliable just as fast as the 900, i can cruise at 90, lot lighter, really cheap to buy and since i fitted the snottoiler, i don't think i have tightened the chain, not exciting either, but its the kind of bike, that fit crashbars and you don't care, if it goes on its side and it can be fixed up cheaply from ebay parts, have a femail friend with one and hers seems to spend half its life on its side :nenau

GT550's Reliable, nippy, cheap to run, the couriers friend.

Or even a K75 :thumb Very good as long as you dont drop it :D

Shep

ianboydsnr said:
You need to try out more bikes, if you think the divvie 900 is the worst bike you have ever ridden :D

i've done my best to be discerning ;)

the only reason i rode that one was 'cos it was the only thing offered when my ducati was in for warranty work. truly no redeeming features as i remember. ok they're cheap now, but i'd rather take the bus thanks.

cheap hack: what about a honda dominator :nenau

you're right though, big guzzis are £2K+ these days and probably are a non starter (sometimes).

/6 beemers are still cheap at the moment. can't see you losing any money there and you might make some :)

Pre diversion Xj900f is my sugestion having done 160,000 miles on my two before I caught the GS bug. apart from oil and filter changes all the motors had was a couple of shims changed. also cheaper on tyres etc.

Not a 900, but I've had an XJ650 (shaftie) for nearly 20 years now, used to ride it every day, hardly ever let me down, consumables were most cables, fork seals brake pads etc, discs now worn out, and calipers nearly on their last legs, only done 70K but its been raced and abused for years of its life, and hardly ever washed cleaned/thoroughly, was going to move up to a 900, but didn't fancy the extra weight. Cant see the Adventure being in this good a condition in 25years time. :eek:
Paul

NVT650, at what point did these change from chain to shaft? It's the bike that metormphasised into the Deauville isn't it? Also known as the Bros? V twin

bros was never a UK bike IIRC. import only and a much better bike too i'm told.

ally frame on bros, steel on ntv?

I had a Divvy 900, it was a very capable bike. Good for commuting, I toured Europe on it, totally reliable, easy to maintain, decent half fairing, reasonably comfortable and cheap to run. What more could you want for a hack.....all it lacked was a grin factor. Sold it for my first GS :thumb

Back
Top Bottom