View Full Version : Howto: Installing Zumo on Vista
There ia a bug in Vista that will prevent the default drivers installing when you connect the Zumo to your computer.
When the "Device Detection" wizard comes up select "Install Automatically", after a while it will say "Insert Disc". At this stage click "Browse" and select the folder:
You will need to do this about 6 times as various things are installed. Afterwards you will hae two new drives in "My Computer".
I had severe problems installing in Vista, so contacted Garmin. Here is the instruction I received:
I think the next step is to Reinstall the mapping and delete the registry keys from your system. WARNING: Please be aware that when in the registry you must not touch any other keys or folders in the registry other than the ones stated below. Doing so could cause damage to computers operating system, potentially rendering it unusable. I would advice contacting an administrator for assistance if you are unsure with the instructions.
1. Uninstall MapSource using the Windows Add/Remove Program utility found in Control Panel. Windows vista select control panel home>programs>uninstall a programme.
2. Go to Registry Editor (found in Run by typing regedit then pressing OK.
Windows vista select the windows logo(bottom left) and type "regedit" without the quotes in the start search option box. Remove the GARMIN keys found under the software key in both HKEY Current Users and HKEY Local Machine (may not be in HKEY Local Machine but still check)
3. Re-boot computer letting harddrive(s) completely shutdown and then manual turn the computer back on after 30 secs.
4. Reinstall MapSource to a new directory on the harddrive (i.e., c:\mapsource)
5. Repeat step 3.
6. Install current MapSource update, available for download from the Support section of our website http://www.garmin.com/support/download.jsp
7. Re-boot computer letting harddrive(s) completely shutdown and then manual turn the computer back on after 30 secs.
8. Run MapSource!
Worked straight away after that :thumb2
Yeah that's a different problem, mine's for getting MapSource to talk to the Zumo, or to access the Flash/SD card from My Computer.
That's another reason not to upgrade to Vista..... :(
vBulletin® v3.6.8, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.