Show us your Classic M/C

I spy a Moscvich (I think that how its spelled). Nice combinations.

Dad removed the sidecar on his Tandoori Royal Enfield 350 because it is very underpowered as a combination outfit, he regretted this purchase and wish he bought a 500 combo instead of the 350.
He made some minor alterations and sold the 350 solo and he has since attached the sidecar to his Harley-Davidson Sportster 1200... He’s in his 70s and the ol’ beggar is feeling his age now.

I thought it was an Austin/Nash Metropolitan?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nash_Metropolitan

Yes, it is an Austin Nash Metropolitan...

Dad had two of these cars, one being a donor to rebuild the other Metropolitan but dad isn’t feeling as energetic as he once did, plus he need the garage space for his early Land-Rover 90 (Pre Defender) as he had totally rebuilt it, costing thousands £££ and hundreds of man hours, only to be nicked by some pikey scrote on the first tank of petrol since the rebuild.
His ‘90’ was found on a ‘Travellers site’ somewhere near Maidstone, Kent and allegedly the people who supposed to recover it received a load of aggression, threats and grief from the pikeys.
The pikeys locked the gate and refused access so it wasn’t recovered immediately.
When the recovery firm arrived with the police, dad’s ‘90’ was found outside the travellers site and had been partly stripped and pushed in to a ditch.
The insurance company wanted to write it off as uneconomical to repair but my dad requested to buy it back and said it was repairable, eventually the insurance company agreed and dad rebuilt his ‘90’ yet again.
He now keeps his ‘90’ garaged, alarmed and has dead locks fitted.

Dad also has the 1996/97 Aprilia Pegaso 650 (Rotax 655) which my wife gave him as she found it too tall... The Peg was previously my winter hack.

Kudos to your Dad
Design of the Landrover is one of the joys of ownership - it's just a big Tonka toy - but also makes it all too easy to steal and strip.
Full steering wheel Disklok is the only one worth having. I worked in crime prevention a few years ago & we were able to source direct and supply them at cost to local owners.
Pedal lock eg Clutch Claw also good but more fiddly to use.
Smartwater or similar useful - should make parts less easy to sell, helps give a chain of evidence.
Hidden fuel pump switch.
Love the combo BTW, especially the sidecar

Kudos to your Dad
Design of the Landrover is one of the joys of ownership - it's just a big Tonka toy - but also makes it all too easy to steal and strip.
Full steering wheel Disklok is the only one worth having. I worked in crime prevention a few years ago & we were able to source direct and supply them at cost to local owners.
Pedal lock eg Clutch Claw also good but more fiddly to use.
Smartwater or similar useful - should make parts less easy to sell, helps give a chain of evidence.
Hidden fuel pump switch.
Love the combo BTW, especially the sidecar

Totally agree with all that you said above. :thumb2

I think he now has a fully enclosed steering wheel lock and he has a hidden switch but I'm unsure if this is for the fuel pump or ignition.

He has also installed a heavy duty bollard which has been sunk deep in to the ground and also improved strength and security of his garage doors.

He's at home most of the time and now has a rescued dog.

The theft happened while he was away in the West Country for a weekend and his retired police next-door neighbour was the person who phoned dad to give him the bad news.

1974 Honda Elsinore MT250

Not started for 18 months but she fired 3rd kick. Light restored after being imported from the US, rides a treat and a great way to see the countryside on smaller lanes. only made 74 to 76 Hondas first road going 2 stroke based on the original CR250

Attachments

• A15BD63E-8D01-4B7A-9375-5B6470474EFA.jpg
    A15BD63E-8D01-4B7A-9375-5B6470474EFA.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 215
  • 974D9917-FF19-4A0A-9BA2-D4CBF8A212A3.jpg
    974D9917-FF19-4A0A-9BA2-D4CBF8A212A3.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 197
Mt250 looks very similar ( but much slimmer in all areas) to my recently departed 72 XL250. But with two stroke goodness. Enjoy

Attachments

• 1E0B4C3B-4496-44D4-9EAF-950CC920796F.jpeg
    1E0B4C3B-4496-44D4-9EAF-950CC920796F.jpeg
    155.4 KB · Views: 181
1974 Honda Elsinore MT250

Not started for 18 months but she fired 3rd kick. Light restored after being imported from the US, rides a treat and a great way to see the countryside on smaller lanes. only made 74 to 76 Hondas first road going 2 stroke based on the original CR250
That's a little belter (y)(y)(y)

Back
Top Bottom